none
Windows 7 install does not continue after restart

Question

• How do I get the Windows 7 upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 to continue?  I was running Vista Ultimate on my Dell laptop XPS M1530.  I purchased the upgrade to windows 7 ultimate online, did the download thing and started the installation.  I received an error message during the initial install that I had to restart and that I had to deinstall my antivirus software.  When I did this and restarted, there was no continuation of the Windows 7 installation and I am at a loss how to get the installation to continue.  HELP!
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding the current situation, I would like to propose the following suggesions:

1. Try to boot in Safe Mode and perform a System Restore.

If you can't boot in Safe Mode, please continue the steps.

2. Start System Restore using Windows Vista DVD.

3. Startup Repair.

If you can log on the computer, please remember to back up your downloaded files, you can burn a disc. Then, run Windows 7 Upgrad Advisor to check program compatibility, uninstall incompatible software, install the latest updates and device drivers, disconnect external hard devices, and upgrade again.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Monday, November 30, 2009 9:13 AM

All replies

• Did you save your Windows 7 download to another hard drive (USB External for example)?
    JS
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:12 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding the current situation, I would like to propose the following suggesions:

1. Try to boot in Safe Mode and perform a System Restore.

If you can't boot in Safe Mode, please continue the steps.

2. Start System Restore using Windows Vista DVD.

3. Startup Repair.

If you can log on the computer, please remember to back up your downloaded files, you can burn a disc. Then, run Windows 7 Upgrad Advisor to check program compatibility, uninstall incompatible software, install the latest updates and device drivers, disconnect external hard devices, and upgrade again.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Monday, November 30, 2009 9:13 AM