none
Windows 8 boot error?

Question

• Hi, I'm having a problem with my windows 8.

Recently my computer froze up, cursor could still move, but nothing else. I tried the old cltrl alt del to get the task manager to see if it was just my web page freezing, but it did nothing. So I restarted my computer and that's where it went wild. I get only as far as my motherboard's boot up (showing the F8, Delete, etc options) then the next screen is the windows emblem and preparing automatic repair tools, then it just blinks to a blue screen (which I had to repeat 6 times to see the message, it was only up for a half second.) It reads something like this "Your computer had a problem, we are collecting error information and will restart your computer for you." and that's the end of it, it loops and loops from there. I've tried booting straight from the windows disk, get the same thing. I've tried to find the safe mode function, but can't find it. I've tried F12, Delete, F8, I can't get past the loop to see if I can fix anything, or even get windows to repair itself. I see no error messages other than that split second message I see before it keeps restarting. All my hardware and programs were up to date and playing nicely with windows till just recently.

Does anyone have a clue what I can do?

Friday, August 09, 2013 3:36 AM

Answers

• Perhaps you installed driver from MS update that may cause the problém. Try last known good from F8, safe mode and return to previous restore point, and if nothing helps, return to safe backup (hope you have one).

Rgds

Milos

Friday, August 09, 2013 4:27 PM