none
Windows 7 x64 SP1 Error Code: 0x80070035 'The network path was not found'

Question

• I have problem with network sharing.

On one of my computers in LAN installed Windows 7 SP1 x64, on others Windows 7 x86. All are Enterprise Edition.

At first, I had two problems.

First, I cannot access to the DFS folders via a domain name, but can   with server name. (e.g \\example.com\folder - don't work, but \\server\folder - work)
    Second problem, other computers  cannot access to my shares (Error Code: 0x80070035 'The network path was not found').

My first problem is solved by replacing dfsc.sys file. (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/thread/40bea809-1e87-47cd-9730-bfd5b2107b36)

I know there is no DNS issues.
    Somehow is solved this problem? Or go to  downgrade?
    Thanks in advance!
    Monday, June 27, 2011 7:08 PM

Answers

• I suggest you contact the domain administrator, he will help you to delete your computer from AD and then try to re-join the domain.

How does it work if other computers access this computer with IP address? If it works, the domain administrator may try to manually add the record of your computer into the DNS record. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:52 AM

All replies

• I suggest you contact the domain administrator, he will help you to delete your computer from AD and then try to re-join the domain.

How does it work if other computers access this computer with IP address? If it works, the domain administrator may try to manually add the record of your computer into the DNS record. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:52 AM
  • How to fix Windows 7 Error Code 0x80070035 "Network path not found."and send message over network using MSG command:

In order to send message over network using MSG command, you must be able to connect to all computers in your network but when you try to connect to each other computer  Windows 7 report:Error Code 0x80070035 "Network path not found."

You may need to do this first for all computers in your network:

-          START – type in regedit  HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE – SYSTEM – CuurentControlSet – Control -Click on Terminal Server, double click on AllowRemoteRPC on the right panel and change Value data 0 to 1 (select base Hexadecimal)

-          Restart all your computers.

Here is the fix Windows 7 Error Code 0x80070035 "Network path not found": The problem is TCP/IPv6. (work around TCP/IPv6 only)

1-      Setting HomeGroup (assume you already have Homegroup for Windows 7 machines W7M), all W7Ms must join Homegroup and must have at least 1 shared folder.

2-      From W7M ( windows 7 machine) try to connect the other : uncheck TCP/ IPv6

( Control Panel – Network and Sharing Center-Change adapter settings- Right Click Local Area Connection ( if you are using wired connection, otherwise Right Click on Wireless connection), choose Property and uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

3-      Click OK and exit control panel.

4-      Now you can connect to the computer in network.

5-      Go back to IPv6, check mark again.

6-      Do the same for all computers in your network

Here is the fix for error 5 sessions name when sending MSG over network: The problem is Map Network Drive (work around Map Network Drive only)

-          if you already have Map Network Drive in your computer, disconnect the Map Network Drive and Reconnect Map Network Drive again with user name and password.

-          Using MSG command with the format:

MSG username /SERVER: computername  message here

Or

MSG * /SERVER: computername message here.

No need to disable Windows Firewall, Antivirus software

Good Luck.

• Proposed as answer by Xuan Trinh Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:19 PM
    Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:18 PM