Win 7 64-bit - blurry screen (desktop + all applications..)

Question

• Hi all!

few days ago I have installed Windows 7 Ent 64-bit on my Dell Latitude E4200. I have download all dirvers for my system. System is working as i would expect - but - I have found some strange behaviour with my screen... I have uploaded a screenshot for you:

Did you face the same problem? All my drivers are the most current available form all vendors (Intel,...)...
    • Edited by trizzo Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:11 PM code removal
    • Edited by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, July 25, 2011 11:52 PM Removed inappropriate link
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi!
    I found a workoround for that - enough was to disable VT-d (Directed I/O) in BIOS.... there is incompatibility of graphics driver....
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my experience, this kind of issue can be related to the display driver or dirty RAM. Please try to reinstall the latest version display driver. Moreover, in some cases this can be caused by RAM, you can send the laptop to computer technical to test the RAM. 

Best Regards
    Dale  
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:56 AM
  • Hi!

at the time I wrote this message there was just an older driver dated to 2009/10/15... Today I see that there is newer version so I will try to install it and I will send my experience with it. Thx form notify me...

Edit: I have downgraded to older version - the same result. I have upgraded video driver to the latest version - same result. I have cleaned up my laptop - the same result. It seems like that the problem is in the graphics driver - because - using standard video driver the blurry problem disapeared.... very strange....

Edit: Switching off Aero Peek solved my problem... but still.... Definitely it is graphics card driver problem....
    • Edited by trizzo Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:21 AM update
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:49 AM
  • Did this issue occur with the previous Opearating System? If not, I recommend you to try to install the graphic driver in Windows Compatibility mode to see how it behaviors. If the issue persists, please involve hardware vendor for help as well.

Best Regards
    Dale

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:54 AM
  • Hi!
    I found a workoround for that - enough was to disable VT-d (Directed I/O) in BIOS.... there is incompatibility of graphics driver....
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:41 AM
  • Glad to see you have found a workaround. I believe it will help other community user with the similar issue. Thanks.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:19 AM
  • Hello,

I'm wondering if you found a solution to this problem with the blurry desktop/icons?  My screen looks just like the one you uploaded!!  I just upgraded form Vista to Windows 7 and that's when this problem started.  I changed my bios with VT-d enabled and disabled with no change either way.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 10:45 PM
  • Hello,

I'm wondering if you found a solution to this problem with the blurry desktop/icons?  My screen looks just like the one you uploaded!!  I just upgraded form Vista to Windows 7 and that's when this problem started.  I changed my bios with VT-d enabled and disabled with no change either way.
    So - by that time I use disable VT-d feature and my Windows is working properly. Unfortunetaly - I do not have further information about this issue. I searched over internet for newer graphics driver (Intel chipset) but nothing new was released for my confugration (Dell Latitude E4200,...)... How did you made an update? Clean install or just a upgrade feature?
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:16 AM
  • I just ran into this problem with an Optiplex 380 with a Dell 19" LCD Monitor. I solved it by upping the refresh rate on the monitor from 60 Mhz to 75 Mhz.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:09 PM