none
WLAN Auto-Config can't start: Error 1068 appear -

Question

• I have a problem to start the service WLAN Auto-Config on Windows 7 Home Premium. The message "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." I have seached about on internet, but till now nothing is helping. The follow steps I have found on internet. These steps I have try out on my comptuer, but it didn't solved my problem:

1. I go to services, try to start WLAN AutoConfig but Error 1068 appear - "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."
    2. I read some forums and went to regedit.exe>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>services>Ndisuio
    and my "Start" value is 3, not 4, it should me OK but it's not.
    3. I've also run "sfc/scannow" from cmd, and no errors.

4. have add the reg files of Black Viper site as Safe as well default. Every time I have restarted my computer after adding the reg files, but both files are not resolving me problem. See forum

5. I have exported the reg data of (I belive that this was the solution of onopko)HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>services>Ndisuio. The export is been done from working WIFI laptop. The reg data is been imported into my computer, but didn't help also not!

6.  netsh winsock reset in CMD

7. "msconfig", to select: "Normal Startup"

8.  netsh winsock reset catalog in CMD

9. netsh int ip reset reset.log in CMD

10. sfc /scannow restart my compyter there were no problem.

11. Reinstall the WIFI driver in Save Module 

Can somebody me I had only started a topic Window Seven site, but they are not react on the problem. I try a lot of things, but still so far nothing is helping. May by somebody had some other suggestions. 

• Edited by Robert3398 Saturday, September 10, 2011 6:28 AM
    Friday, September 09, 2011 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert3398,

Please refer to this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:02 AM
  • To resolve the problem, fix the dependency information for the Spooler service.
    Click Start, Run and type the following:
    CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS
    Alternately, to accomplish this using Registry Editor:
    Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
    Navigate to the following branch
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Spooler
    In the right-pane, double-click the DependOnService value
    Delete the existing data, and then type RPCSS
    Close Regedit.exe
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:06 AM
  • Hi Las D. Rashid,

It's a issue with WLAN Auto-config service, not Spooler service.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:09 AM
  • hi Miya Yaou and Las D.Rashid,  

Thanks for reaction, but both answers didn’t solved me problem.

The refer to this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328

The fix is supporting the Windows XP, this is not working at Windows 7.

My computer is Windows 7 Home Premium, i have look in Windows 7 support, but there were no result.

Perhaps you have other advice?

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:36 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Did you manually check if these services are started?

1. Click Start, input services.msc in the search box, press ENTER to open Services.

2. On the right-pane, Start these services:

Application Layer Gateway Service

Network Connections

Network Location Awareness(NLA)

Plug and Play

Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

Remote Access Connection Manager

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Telephony

Regards,

Miya

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Hi Miya Yao,

I have started or restarted all the service, but that didn't solve my problem. Settings of all services are changed to Automatic, few of them were manual. Then the computer is restarted, but also no success.

I couldn't restart or change the service Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Plug and Play , but the status of these are Started.

I have checked another machine, but these service are also deactivated.

• Edited by Robert3398 Friday, September 16, 2011 5:14 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:14 PM
  • Hi Miya Yao,

I have started or restarted all the service, but that didn't solve my problem. Settings of all services are changed to Automatic, few of them were manual. Then the computer is restarted, but also no success.

I couldn't restart or change the service Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Plug and Play , but the status of these are Started.

I have checked another machine, but these service are also deactivated.

Hi Robert,

I have the same problem with my laptop dell using windows 7 Home Premium. You Solved the problem? what do you do?

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:17 PM