none
Your PC is offline. Sign in with the last password used(windows 8)

Question

• Ok, so had disabled my network adapters while logged in to windows 8, then needed to restarted my computer. 

I was able to log on to the computer with out internet a few days ago, however now that the network adapters are disabled I can't log on and it gives me the "Your PC is offline. Sign in with the last password used on this PC." error.  I'm still using the same password as before.

Yes I am using my Hotmail to log in which is my only account.(Kind of not the greatest idea)

I know my password because I am able to log in to Hotmail with the same password and have not changed it recently.

any help would be appreciated.

Things that I have tried:

boot to safemode with networking 

attempted to use other options from the advanced tools in pre-windows ui stuff (I need an account to log in to, to use these).

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:13 PM

All replies

• Is the issue resolved if you enable the network adapter?

The Microsoft account needs to sync the settings sometimes. When encountering this issue, I suggest using a local account to login and enabling the network adapter.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 21, 2012 6:24 AM
  • There was no way to enable the network adapter once logged out. (It was disabled within windows)

I had all local accounts disabled as well, is there a way to make a local account if you locked out of your computer?

I know that there is an admin account built into windows is there a way to activate it without another account being logged in?
    • Edited by 9travis1 Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:28 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:24 AM
  • Same question here.  I'm stuck outside trying to figure out how I can log into my Surface RT
    a Microsoft Support chat have been initiated and nothing was done.

We even tried a Refresh which was not working because the end result was always that the drive was locked with Bit Locker even thought we did enter the long Recovery key

If there's any way to reactivate the Wi-Fi by the command prompt that would be a very good workaround.
    Let us know please

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Nothing Have been successful and the Microsoft support said the only way to regain control is by doing a RESET which I did that took me 2:45 hours to get back on my feet the way I was.

Monday, February 18, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Listen. The username of a MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, can be the email address of a Gmail/Yahoo whatever. However the PASSWORD will be different for your microsoft account and your gmail/yahoo account. Usually if you have used Windows 8 personally before, you already have an account, whether this is a live/outlook or gmail/yahoo username.

The password being requested when : 'PC is offline. Sign in with the last password.....' is the MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PASSWORD. 

If you can not connect to the internet wirelessly, use an ethernet and plug your laptop to your router/box. Then login with your microsoft account password. If you do not have it you can use the username to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD relatively easily. 

You WILL have a username. Windows 8 basically forces you to get a microsoft account. Those that evaded a live/outlook/microsoft named account will have received accounts using their g-mail/yahoo as usernames. This non-microsoft username will be where your replacement password will be sent. 

Once you have this password changed. Its happy sailing.

If you still can't get this unlocked. You are probably going to have go to the manufacturer or a professional to get thiss fixed. However 99% people should get a password from somewhere. Even Microsoft themselves.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:26 PM