none
MpFilter.sys

Question

• Hi, I got a little problem with the bluescreen. Earlier today when I was downloading a file from internet I got the bluescreen. It happend when MSE was searching for virus. The bluescreen say it's the MpFilter.sys that is something wrong with. So I restarted my computer and there was no problem. So I logged on again and began to search what the MpFilter.sys was. Then I got the bluescreen again. And now I can't come in to the desktop before the bluescreen comes up. A few secounds after i have typed my password the screen come.

I have found out that the MpFilter.sys file is in the Microsoft Security Essentials, but I can't find the file on my machine. And when I am in safemode i can't install or unistall the MSE.

And one thing I can't understand is that I can't find the dumpfile. It does not lie in the dumpfile map.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• In Safe Mode can you configure the computer to "clean boot" and then see if you can restart the computer in Normal Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow Step 1 to clean boot and Step 7 to return to a normal startup.

• Marked as answer by Ivarbjo Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ivarbjo Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dale QiaoModerator Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:10 AM
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Than you, it worked :) After I reinstalled it I haven't had any problems:)
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:50 PM
  • You're welcome. Glad you got it working. :)
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:51 AM
  • Sry, I was a little to quick. The secound restart after i had reisntalled MSE the problem was still there. So I installed another antivirus program.

And my machine don't make dumfiles. Anyone know why?

Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:42 AM
  • Can you check here?:

Start > right-click "Computer" > Properties > Advanced system settings > Advanced > press "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery".

What is selected under "Write debugging information"?

Also, have you moved the paging file off of the boot volume?

Monday, June 21, 2010 3:32 AM