none
Intel HD graphics driver not working

Question

• Hi,

I have a Gigabyte E1425M laptop, I am unable to update the graphics adapter of my system. Device manager says the display adapter is Microsoft basic display adapter. Gigabyte website gave me intel media graphics accelerator, which I am unable to install. I found out that E1425M has intel HD Graphics adapter. I also downloaded the driver from manysources, including windows update catalog, which gave me a cab file. I am still unable to update the graphics driver.

I need to change the graphics driver to improve the experience and also play some games.

Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Kay

That computer is a fair bit old and no matter what you do to the GPU driver it wont improve the gaming performance.

http://laptops-specs.blogspot.com/2010/12/gigabyte-e1425m-specifications.html

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, January 04, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Hello,

Yes, I do realize that. Its not that I want to improve the performance. I at least want to be able to play them. I used to play them earlier on this system, but not now (probably since I updated it to Windows 8.1).

And I repeat, The display adapter that is being shown now is Microsoft Basic Display adapter. I believe it should be intel HD graphics or Intel media graphics accelerator. But somehow I'm unable to update it.

Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Kay

If you go to download.intel.com and click the Intel update driver utility, it will find the correct driver for your system and install it.

Saturday, January 04, 2014 7:48 PM
  • That didn't help, I read somewhere that they don't provide driver for this device for windows 8.1.

I found the drivers on windows support website, it is a cab file. I tried installing it using dism. I'm now getting error code 0x80070002.

How to install driver using that cab file?? Is this the wrong way?

Sunday, January 05, 2014 1:04 PM
  • Kay

Unsure where you are getting a "cab" file for a driver but If there is no win 8.1 driver there is none.  DISM has nothing to do with getting the correct driver and installing it.

If you have tried the computer mfr, Intel, and tried installing an older driver in compatibility mode and those do not work there is another problem.

To Run in compatibility mode do the following:

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

Sunday, January 05, 2014 3:57 PM