none
update failed error code 80244019

Question

• I just bought a new copy of Age of Empires III and installed it on my computer. when i went to try and play the game an error came up saying the protection stub has stopped working. so i went to do windos update then i got errors saying failed code 80244019. sorry but i'm not an IT person so i don't know what this is but very much like to play this game thanks for any help

Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

For the update error code 80244019, it means there is a problem contacting the server. You might try Windows update again later. If the error continues appearing, I suggest you submit a Windows Update service request to Microsoft Online Support. Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18, 2009.

Windows Vista updates support

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=11274&gprid=500921

Now we might focus our attention on the Age of Empires III game, please perform the following instructions to narrow down the problem.

Adjust DEP settings

1. Click on Start, right-click on Computer, and then click on Properties.

2. On the Advanced system settings and then click on Advanced tab.

3. Click on Settings under Performance.

4. Click on Data Execution Prevention.

5. Click on Turn on DEP for all Programs and Services except those I select:

6. If you can see the program in the list put a check mark on that if not click on

7. Otherwise, click on Add. Locate the path to the game .exe file.

8. Click on Open.

9. Click on Apply. Click on OK twice.

10. Restart computer and test the issue again.

Alternatively, you can directly check "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" on step 5.

For more details, you could refer to the following webpage.

Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/disable_data_execution_prevention.htm

Run the game as administrator

1. Right-click the game shortcut on the desktop and click on Properties.

2. Under Shortcut Tab, click on Advanced.

3. Check the Run as administrator box.

4. Click on OK twice.

Hope it helps out!

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:10 AM
  • Search the computer for the game execution file and add it to data execution prevention exception or just select "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" to disable the DEP feature for the third-party software. In step 3, if it didn't create a shortcut while installing the game, you might manually create it on the desktop and continue with following instructions. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Monday, September 08, 2008 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For the update error code 80244019, it means there is a problem contacting the server. You might try Windows update again later. If the error continues appearing, I suggest you submit a Windows Update service request to Microsoft Online Support. Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18, 2009.

Windows Vista updates support

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=11274&gprid=500921

Now we might focus our attention on the Age of Empires III game, please perform the following instructions to narrow down the problem.

Adjust DEP settings

1. Click on Start, right-click on Computer, and then click on Properties.

2. On the Advanced system settings and then click on Advanced tab.

3. Click on Settings under Performance.

4. Click on Data Execution Prevention.

5. Click on Turn on DEP for all Programs and Services except those I select:

6. If you can see the program in the list put a check mark on that if not click on

7. Otherwise, click on Add. Locate the path to the game .exe file.

8. Click on Open.

9. Click on Apply. Click on OK twice.

10. Restart computer and test the issue again.

Alternatively, you can directly check "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" on step 5.

For more details, you could refer to the following webpage.

Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/disable_data_execution_prevention.htm

Run the game as administrator

1. Right-click the game shortcut on the desktop and click on Properties.

2. Under Shortcut Tab, click on Advanced.

3. Check the Run as administrator box.

4. Click on OK twice.

Hope it helps out!

Friday, September 05, 2008 10:10 AM
  • sorry but i don't know exactly whit file i guess to look for the .exe file is in. thanks i think i got the windows update thing fixed for know, but when i install the game it doesn't create a short cut for the game. i installed the game once on my parents comp and had no problem with it. the one thing i noticed on parents comp during installed that i didn't noticed on mine was that i saw a window pop up askin for permission to connect online. it never did this on mine, and it created a shortcut as well, is there something wrong with my comp or what? by the way we bought have the same setup (windows vista home basic), i have 2.19ghz processor, 1.5 gigs ram, my mom has 2.4ghz,767 mb ram. 

Friday, September 05, 2008 11:18 PM
  • Search the computer for the game execution file and add it to data execution prevention exception or just select "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" to disable the DEP feature for the third-party software. In step 3, if it didn't create a shortcut while installing the game, you might manually create it on the desktop and continue with following instructions. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Monday, September 08, 2008 7:23 AM
  •  

Windows Vista Update 80244019

Follow steps to the letter

1.       Download freeware Anti-Malware Remover from

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php  (www.malewarebytes.org)

2.       install,

3.      run “simple scan”

4.      Immediately after rebooting start “windows update” from the control panel . . . and upgrade to “Internet Explorer 8” upgrade via google.com search as well. 

I do not anyone to suffer the three painfully laborious weeks it took me to figure this problem out. 

And if you’re charging people to fix their computer TEACH your customers how to “untangle the mess” on their own as a form of educational-reinvestment.

A most effective and easiest way to fix Windows Vista Update 80244019 caused by triggered by Trojan DNS changer changing virus worm

To get rid of 80244019 Windows Vista Update 80244019 caused by triggered by Trojan DNS changer changing virus worm

A most effective and easiest way to remove 80244019 Windows Vista Update 80244019 caused by triggered by Trojan DNS changer changing virus worm

A most effective and easiest way to Removal of 80244019 Windows Vista Update 80244019 caused by triggered by Trojan DNS changer changing worm

A most effective and easiest way to repair 80244019 Windows Vista Update 80244019 caused by triggered by Trojan DNS changer changing worm

Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:03 PM
  • I Need Some Help To Fix This Error

Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:39 PM
  • hai, i was browsing hte net a lot these days. i have kaspersky 2009, avira personal and recently installed clamwin...scaning my system as i write ths. after i got ths error i scanned with kasp and avira. so i installd clam. $0surely , its a virus that has affected. i'll try scaning with someother after ths if clam dosnt yield anythng.$0 $0lets jus keep trying. there is always a solution to every problem. v jus need to find it.$0 $0will inform u if i find any better ones..$0 $0til thn$0 $0vix418, INDIA$0
    going mad with vista genuine
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:33 PM