none
windows installer failure and extender player fatal error cannot fix

Question

• I am running windows xp professional pac 3 32 bit.  I had my computer go down when watching a news video on msn.com.  when I tired to bring it back up I had bios error and would not start.  It then started in safe mode and I was trapped there.  I have gone in and set it to run normal for clean boot but keep getting errors and am stuck half way between safe mode and normal.  Internet explorer is not working nothing I try to run or install will load. I have to use firefox to get online.  all updates, diagnosis, and repairs that down load to run fail.

Security Essentials error codes 0x8007042c and 0x4ff02. Secuirty Essentials is turned off I cannot update, install or repair because everything is going thru it.  unable to uninstall and reinstall due to error code 0x8004ff01

every time I restart i get extender fatal error, invalid or missing resource file in installation directory, reinstall extender player.  I cannot find a link to reinstall extender player.

running down loaded diagnosis or repairs I keep getting file update.inf failure check for cryptographic service is running.  cannot access.

Error 1719 windows Installer failure service could not be accessed

Windows Installer Error 1068 looked up dependance on service or group failure to start

when I go to Services (local) the window is blued out and nothing is showing and cannot be accessed.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:07 PM

All replies

• it sounds like you have some corruption going on with the hard disk. run a full scan disk with surface scan and see if you have any bad sectors and if so how many.

Regards, Bill

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:36 AM