none
EAccess Violation

Question

• Lately, after every log on I have been getting a pop-up saying EAccess Violation.  I have no idea what that is or what hardware/software is causing it.  There is no reference in the pop-up.  Does anyone have an idea what that is?
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:32 AM

Answers

• When you get the popup, hit <ctrl><shift><esc> to bring up Task Manager.  Under the Application tab, select the offending popup, right-click and select Go To Process.  You will now have the executable name.  To see from where it is launching, click View on the menu bar and click Select Columns.  Check the Command Line option towards the bottom of the list.  You will now have additional information in which to help you troubleshoot.

• Marked as answer by Glendon H Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:16 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:22 PM

All replies

• Glendon,

Have you checked the Event Viewer to what might be causing it? If you right-click on "Computer" and select Manage (from the start menu), you should be able to see the some red X's that should give you at least an idea as to what is causing the error to pop up.

You can also check the Device Manager (also found in the Computer Mangement Console) to see if there are any bits of hardware that have been misbehaving.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 7:19 AM
  • When you get the popup, hit <ctrl><shift><esc> to bring up Task Manager.  Under the Application tab, select the offending popup, right-click and select Go To Process.  You will now have the executable name.  To see from where it is launching, click View on the menu bar and click Select Columns.  Check the Command Line option towards the bottom of the list.  You will now have additional information in which to help you troubleshoot.

• Marked as answer by Glendon H Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:16 PM
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, a driver issue may cause the problem. If the issue still persists after taking DarienHawk67’s suggestions, could you please download and install the latest driver to test the problem?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:19 AM
  • I tried Darien's suggestion and found the culprit.  Its coming from the US Robotics Control Center.  I installed the modem using Win XP drivers and it works.  Their Vista drivers had two annoying pop-ups and I tried the XP drive that works.  Guess, I'll live with the EAccess violation for a while till 3-com writes a new driver for the modem.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:38 PM