none
Audio drivers (PCI input device) (multimedia audio controller)

Question

• Forgive me if I come across as a bit of a noob. I came instantly from Windows XP pro to W7 pro (and it's quite a significant layout change).

I have Windows 7 Professional & the MS updates appears to have got most of the drivers except two (which appear to be the sound drivers).

Problems Found:

Multimedia Audio Controller doesen't have a driver - Not Fixed (Obviously)
    PCI Input Device doesen't have a driver                - Not Fixed (Obviously)

None of the updates or driver finding softwares have worked for this driver, is it possible my machine is too old? It was build for XP. Vista had HUGE trouble finding any drivers so I re-installed XP as the workstation was practically useless!. Windows 7 seems to be a lot more compatible but...

ARRGHHHhhhh Sound driversssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd appretiate any assistance anyone can give to me :-)

Thanks!
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:56 PM Moved to relevant forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi

Your first stop should be the computer manufacturers website.

Look up the information for those devices to identify them and locate the newest drivers offered by the computer manufacturer and whether or not they offer Windows 7 compatible drivers.

If they do not have Windows 7 compatible drivers, the next step is to download the latest Vista drivers and install them in Compatibility mode. If no Vista drivers are available, download the latest XP drivers and install them in compatibility mode.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Let us know what you find.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Tonka1259 Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:39 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi

Your first stop should be the computer manufacturers website.

Look up the information for those devices to identify them and locate the newest drivers offered by the computer manufacturer and whether or not they offer Windows 7 compatible drivers.

If they do not have Windows 7 compatible drivers, the next step is to download the latest Vista drivers and install them in Compatibility mode. If no Vista drivers are available, download the latest XP drivers and install them in compatibility mode.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Let us know what you find.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Tonka1259 Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:39 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:01 PM
  • Shame I didn't read your post sooner. I just thought of the compatibility mode thing with the XP drivers as my current computer is a Dell Dimension 4500 - (service tag CBVTG0J) - the manufacturers website tells me that most of my drivers are only compatible with 2000/XP. I will run an XP compatibility mode and see what happens =) thanks for your input m8.
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:39 PM
  • I had the same problem when I upgraded to XP Pro, it would give the error that the speakers were unplugged and of course they weren't. Using Microsoft trouble shooting it would give me a message that some kind of a signature wasn't verified. It's been so long I can't remember exactly how it went. However I do remember when I finally found the solution is something very simple. There don't seem to be no simple answer for this one. I upgraded to windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. If the designers of the mother boards would put the audio on the hard drive it would solve a lot of headaches for us all who have ears. iolo system mechanic says I don't have the ASUSTech Europe Hybrid capture driver has a problem and the ADS Instant HDTV PCI has a problem and the Multimedica audio controller doesn't have a drive. May have fell in garbage can. I'll look!
    Tuesday, January 03, 2012 3:12 AM
  • I'm having the same problems, i had windows Xp home edition and upgraded to windows 7 64bit  edition. I did a fresh install i deleted my entire hard drive and isntall windows 7, so i didn't go from windows xp to windows 7 i did a fresh instalation by deleting my hardrive and doing a fresh instalation for windows 7.  Now microsft website is listing this microsoft sidewinder gamepad as been compatable with windows 7 - 32 or 64bit it says that windows will find drivers atoumaticly but windows just can't find any drivers for the device. The PCI input device is the game controller drivers that are missing or not install. Because of that my microsoft sidewinder controller is not working in my windows 7 64bit. Do you have this drivers for this PCI input device?

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Microsoft%20SideWinder%20game%20pad%20Game%20Controller&v=Microsoft&uid=486-00006&l=en-US&pf=1&pi=2&c=Mice%2C%20Keyboards%20%26%20Input%20Devices&sc=Game%20Controllers&os=64-bit

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:13 AM