none
how many times can you activate windows 7 retail?

Question

• Hello all can anyone tell me where I can find a answer to how many times I can install and activate Windows 7 Ultimate on the same pc?and is there proof on Microsoft Website that proves how many activation your limited to.

Thanks
    ranger1033
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is no limit to the number of time one can activate or reactive Windows 7 as long as it is installed on the same PC.

Activating Windows: frequently asked questions

Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:14 PM
  • Thank you very much that was the proof I needed to prove to some other people.

Thanks
    ranger1033
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:10 PM
  • One license for on computer without changing any hardware device no matter how many times we installed. Thanks
    • Proposed as answer by Jan Scheeres Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:21 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:33 AM
  • If you acquired Windows via retail purchase (boxed product), you may activate via the Internet the first five times. Subsequent activations are allowed but must be completed via telephone.
    Portable DVD Player
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 6:56 AM
  • I have been trying to find an answer to this question for months.  A Technet Standard subscription gets 2 license keys for each version of Windows 7.  How many activations are included per key on different computers?  It use to be 10 but I have heard that has been reduced but cannot find a solid answer from Microsoft.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:49 AM
  • I have been trying to find an answer to this question for months.  A Technet Standard subscription gets 2 license keys for each version of Windows 7.  How many activations are included per key on different computers?  It use to be 10 but I have heard that has been reduced but cannot find a solid answer from Microsoft.

Please be advised that each TechNet retail Windows 7 product key is good for up to ten activations.  Please review Ed Bott’s Report.

Carey Frisch

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:10 AM