none
Problem with TVGo a03

Question

• Hi, Windows 7 is fantastic, but i have a problem... i can't use my genius tvgo a03, when i use the vista drivers, the program doesn't recognize my usb tv... in vista and xp 0 problems...
    Monday, June 29, 2009 8:01 PM

Answers

• Hello Javieeer,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hello Javieeer,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:16 AM
  • I have the same problem. I try everything you say but it doesn't work. I want to watch UEFA Champions League, help me please!!!!!!
    I have Windows 7 professional.
    Friday, October 02, 2009 6:01 PM
  • Genius TVGo A03 Vista32 and Vista64 drivers DO work fine on Window 7!!

Windows update doesn’t have the drivers, but you can download them from genius.

The thing is...the drivers install and work fine, but the software provided by genius to watch tv doesn't work even using compatibility modes. At least haven't found a way yet.

But if you use windows 7 "Windows Media Center" you can use the tv feature to watch tv using the TVGO a03. It gets recognize as “TVBOX Active Development Co., Ltd.”

So if it work with media center, it will certainly work with other programs to watch tv made for windows 7, but Windows Media Player make the job.

I will give you a tip as example; download the TVGO A03X beta drivers for windows 7 from genius. The drivers do not work, but in the pack it comes with a program call hypermedia center, it from genius and it recognize the tvgo a03 in windows 7 with vista drivers, and you can use it to watch tv too.

Well, lot of year I have the a03, I was to give it away, but not without a last try…seems I will keep it after all, hehe.
    Good Luck with it!

Cheers! Greetings from Chile! and sorry for my english
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:18 AM
  • Genius TVGo A03 Vista32 and Vista64 drivers DO work fine on Window 7!!

Windows update doesn’t have the drivers, but you can download them from genius.

The thing is...the drivers install and work fine, but the software provided by genius to watch tv doesn't work even using compatibility modes. At least haven't found a way yet.

But if you use windows 7 "Windows Media Center" you can use the tv feature to watch tv using the TVGO a03. It gets recognize as “TVBOX Active Development Co., Ltd.”

So if it work with media center, it will certainly work with other programs to watch tv made for windows 7, but Windows Media Player make the job.

I will give you a tip as example; download the TVGO A03X beta drivers for windows 7 from genius. The drivers do not work, but in the pack it comes with a program call hypermedia center, it from genius and it recognize the tvgo a03 in windows 7 with vista drivers, and you can use it to watch tv too.

Well, lot of year I have the a03, I was to give it away, but not without a last try…seems I will keep it after all, hehe.
    Good Luck with it!

Cheers! Greetings from Chile! and sorry for my english
    Compatriota como te funcionó la tarjeta?? Yo tambien la instalé con el Media Center. Mmmm ocurre que se calienta mucho la TVGo A03??
    Saludos.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Same problem over here! The card doesn't work at all, the drivers doesn't give the right configuration! Instead, i have lots of bluetooth devices on the device administrator and when i want to update de drivers by path, it won't let me cause when i force them it says "The device could not start".

Please help! Windows 7 has not let me down, untill now =P
    Monday, January 18, 2010 10:44 PM
  • I used the TVGo A03MCE drive and worked. Follow all the steps without having to change anything. control worked well.
    Sorry for the English. I'm brazilian and don't speak English.
    Good luck!!
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:22 PM
  • The TVGo A03MCE drive is for Windows Xp64
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:34 PM
  • Working....!!!!
    Change the Driver that W7 install by default "TV Walker QQ", and reinstall the driver in this location "C:\Program Files\TVGo A03-IPTV\Drivers\vista32bit". Then you´ll ask to restart the PC. Once your PC it´s back againgchenge the compatibility of the application TVGo to XP Service Pack 3, plug in your Analog receiver, verified thW7 load the optimal driver and DONE!!!...
    Friday, June 04, 2010 7:17 PM