none
How do I cancel a 'burn to disk' command?

Question

• While organizing some folders and files I accidently activated the 'burn files to disk' command.  I did not mean to and have no wish to burn these files to disk. I hit cancel in the pop up window.  Ever since on starting my computer and at random times while it is running I get a balloon in the bottom right that pops up and tells me I have files waiting to be burned to disk.

I've clicked on this balloon in hopes of finding a cancel option. But never see one.  I feel there must be some way to access this queue and cancel the operation. Much like the printer queue of old where one could access the queue and cancel print jobs that for one reason or another I no longer wished to print.

The question is, where is it and how do I access it and cancel the task that Win 7 is so diligently pestering me about.
    Computer User
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:16 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete all the files.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:22 PM
  • Thanks!

This worked.  In fact the balloon had popped up again while I was making my way to the local you described and I got the pleasure after deleting all the files of watching the balloon fade away.

Now. If anyone at MS is reading these posts may I suggest this is not the best way to handle this.
    Computer User
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:06 PM
  • Then use the normal way.
    Rightclick the drive choose "Delete Temporary Files"
    Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:00 PM
  • I cannot locate any reference to ' Delete Temporary Files' when I right click on my CD Drive (D). Either on the icon or on the page when it is opened.

The problen arose when the files were too large for a CD but when I changed it to a DVD and tried to again copy the file into the D drive it said microsoft is unable to copy the file and kept saying retry. The files were obviously both in the queue to burn but the 'page' was showing no icon refence to the files in question (blank page) and no info on how to burn the 'invisible' file to the DVD so I was just going round in circles trying to either re-copy the files onto the page or remove the existing two files I had tried to burn onto the CD originally so I could start from scratch.

Help!!

Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:15 PM