none
Fault Module Name:StackHash_0a9e

Question

• Hi,

while running an exe i just built alienrain_dbg. I got this information shown up. Everything is fine until the application was run. I was wondering if anybody

could help me detect why there is such problem. i am currently using visual studio 2013 to build this application. Thank you!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: alienrain_dbg.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 5261e4d4

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:00000000

Exception Offset: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

(I just formatted the OS from win7 home premium to professional, if this information helps)
    • Edited by SinDsS Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:10 AM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Exclude the tool from DEP:

http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/excludefromdep.htm

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
    On the left-hand side, click on 'View Installed Updates'.
    Under the 'Microsoft Windows' section, search for and uninstall KB2670838
    Restart computer when prompted.

Details on what this update does are provided here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

Please note that removing this update stops IE10 working as it is required. I haven't tried reinstalling it again to test if it will work now because I don't care. I have also hidden the update in Windows Update to prevent it being downloaded again.

I also have a suspicion that this has fixed the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error which Battlefield 3 generates (I worked around this originally by dramatically lowering detail levels), however I can't prove that the issue is solved yet due to a lack of testing, and the fact that I'm the only person who's tested it so far, there could be other factors.

Anyway, if anyone has been having any of the above issues, I hope that this solution helps you out. It may even resolve other issues which people are otherwise having difficulty fixing as the KB update makes changes to DirectX

love is rock!!!

• Edited by TK MAHATO Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:37 PM
    • Proposed as answer by TK MAHATO Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:37 PM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Hi,

The StackHash error occurs when DEP is invoked and has an issue with whatever application you’re trying to run ,The error is related to Data Execution Prevention.

Firstly, I recommend you install updates for the application to ensure that the application is fully compatible with the OS that you are running.

After that , you may perform a clean boot to narrow down if there are any software confliction.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

If the error persists, please follow the steps to fix the issue.

1. Click on the Start menu and then go to the Control Panel.

2. Click on System Maintenance and then System.

3. Choose Advanced System Settings.

4. Under System Properties, select Settings from the Performance section at the top.

5. Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.

6. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.

7. Find the executable file for the application that triggered the error.

8. Select the application causing the error and click Open to add it to your DEP Exceptions list.

9. Click OK to save your new settings.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, October 21, 2013 8:33 AM