none
How do I remove Windows Defender in Vista? It's not listed under control panel add/remove programs.

Question

• To get rid of an error message, I need to uninstall the Windows Defender and then reinstall it but I don't see windows defender under control panel -- add/remove programs list. Does anybody know how to get rid of windows defender safely although it's not listed in add/remove programs?
    Thanks,

Sunday, April 12, 2009 3:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows Defender cannot be removed, it just can be disabled.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:42 AM
  • HOW DO YOU DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER

WILL IT CAUSE A PROBLEM

CHRISTOLYN H
    Before you go about disabling Windows Defender, please, if you don't mind, explain WHY do you want to do that.

Perhaps there is another solution to your problem instead of disabling defender.

That said, here is how to disable Windows Defender:
    Open Windows Defender > Tools > Options > scroll way down to Administrator Options > uncheck " Use Windows Defender " > Save > you'll get a notification box, click Close in that box.

One more time, don't do it unless there is absolutely no other options.
    If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows Defender cannot be removed, it just can be disabled.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:42 AM

WILL IT CAUSE A PROBLEM

CHRISTOLYN H
    Monday, April 04, 2011 8:50 PM

WILL IT CAUSE A PROBLEM

CHRISTOLYN H
    Before you go about disabling Windows Defender, please, if you don't mind, explain WHY do you want to do that.

Perhaps there is another solution to your problem instead of disabling defender.

That said, here is how to disable Windows Defender:
    Open Windows Defender > Tools > Options > scroll way down to Administrator Options > uncheck " Use Windows Defender " > Save > you'll get a notification box, click Close in that box.

One more time, don't do it unless there is absolutely no other options.
    If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:57 PM