"Couldnt Install Windows 8 Consumer Preview" Post if this message got to you and maybe it will get solved.

Question

• So i open setup.exe from my H:\ Drive. I Select "Install Now" I waited approx. 1 hour. I Restart. (I Think i did the next bit wrong).I Unplug my USB when it says "Shutting Down" then It starts contining the setup. But what i didnt know then is that thats WAS the setup. I thought "Never Mind i will continue tormorrow" Because i got bored. Then I HELD DOWN MY POWER BUTTON. Now you know whats happened next.

I Upgraded from Win7 Ultimate x64bit.

Well mine i know whats i did wrong.

What about you?

Monday, April 02, 2012 7:25 AM

Answers

• If you have a flash drive, you can copy the installation to the drive, then boot with the flash drive and install Windows 8.

Improving the setup experience
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/11/21/improving-the-setup-experience.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:28 AM
  • This joke is canceled.

Vladimir Shipitsyn

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:32 AM
  • Hi Servor,

you can restart the installation, using a USB boot method, as Arthur Xie suggested. An upgrade takes longer the more files and apps you have on your previous OS, the one which you are upgrading. Probably you have a an incomplete installation, you can try the Repair option while booting from the USB. If the installation fails yet again, try a clean install instead, without selecting to format the drive. At least you will still have your files, if not your apps.

Irfan

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:12 PM

All replies

• If you have a flash drive, you can copy the installation to the drive, then boot with the flash drive and install Windows 8.

Improving the setup experience
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/11/21/improving-the-setup-experience.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:28 AM
  • This joke is canceled.

Vladimir Shipitsyn

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:32 AM
  • Hi Servor,

you can restart the installation, using a USB boot method, as Arthur Xie suggested. An upgrade takes longer the more files and apps you have on your previous OS, the one which you are upgrading. Probably you have a an incomplete installation, you can try the Repair option while booting from the USB. If the installation fails yet again, try a clean install instead, without selecting to format the drive. At least you will still have your files, if not your apps.

Irfan

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:12 PM