none
Problem installing Network Printer Toshiba e-Studio PCL6

General discussion

• Hello...

it' worked perfect in build 7000, but now, not way.

1° Problem, W7 RC1 not authentication en W server 2003. it was fix, changing property

Network security: LAN Manager authentication level

in  gpedit.msc

establish ; Send LM & NTLM responses

it was OK

but, now printer is detected... but no conecction...  i try ALL Toshiba Drivers...  and nothing.

Diagram network

MyLaptop <---------NET-A--->Server(authen... ok)<------NET-B---->Toshiba e-Studio PCL 6

W7 RC1 x64

Thanks...  Sorry my bad english
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:31 PM

All replies

• I have similar problem.

Trying almost all e-studio 64bit vista (&xp) drivers (which are almost suitable - some features like duplex are undetected, or do their own thing), I managed to connect to e-studio 230.

The network nevertheless discovers the device, but fails to connect to it (the second pc with Vista 32bit) works with the device fine.

The W7-64 machine prints only text, now with a German driver both simplex and duplex.

Nevertheless, when you try from that one to print .pdf the whole copier freezes, which was never the case in Vista 32. It seems that the 230 does not like 64 bit drivers, nor Toshiba has actually managed to make a decent 64bit driver to cover this device, as their generic 64 bit driver is useless.

The network configuration is:

PC W7-64
    PC Vista-32                                                    All three connected via a basic adsl router/switch.
    Toshiba E-studio 230

Ilias
    Friday, October 23, 2009 7:26 AM