none
ACT 5.6 not reporting for some In-House and Customised Applications

Question

• Hi, I have configured ACT in my lab envirement, when I tried to generate the report it gave me vendor and community assessment results for some of the applications only not for all... the applications for which I didn't get the results are some or internal applications which we have customized according to our standards and some are as it is vendor applications.. Can you help me guys wat should I do to get the assessment results for all applications??
    Monday, December 05, 2011 9:46 PM

Answers

• By default the ACT inventory agent looks in about 10 places to find installed applications. If you have chosen (it is default) to use the evaluators it will also inventory any application as it is executed, to find for instance problems that UAC could cause when migrating to the new platform.

So if your intention is to just have it inventoried to get it on the list that is one problem, if you are worried about not getting your inhouse applications evaualted for potential problems that is more easily fixed. You can do a manual run with Standard User Analyzer which is included in the ACT installation. You will get information on potential problems using that.

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:14 AM