none
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "Runtime Error"

Question

• Hi, this message appears every time I start up my computer

=============================================

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Pleas contact the application's support team for more information.

=============================================

I'm running on a Windows 7 Home Premium

64-bit Operating System

Can someone please suggest what I could do to fix this? Thanks

Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:58 AM

Answers

• I recommend this solution ONLY if the application you find running the error is not an important component in your system.

READ COMPLETE REPLY BEFORE FOLLOWING THE STEPS I HAVE PROVIDED. I am not responsible if this solution was implemented incorrectly. Please read justifications after the steps provided.

========================================================

Hello,

This is what I did.

1. Turn On PC as normal

2. Wait for prompt error to show up

3. When it appears, Run Task Manager (here you can see the task running the Error Prompt)

4. Right Click on the task and Choose > Go To Process (will take you to processes Tab)

5. See the highlighted Process, Right Click and Choose Open File Location

6. Windows Explorer will appear and you can see the Application Folder (name of application)

In my case, a 'browser toolbar application' was trying to auto initiate itself

7. Open Uninstall Programs > Search for Application Name > Uninstall

8. Restart PC.....its gone :)

In my case, it was lucky that the application I found wasn't anything related to system or anything for i wouldn't know what to do if it was. The application was an external software that was apparently downloaded and installed into my Internet Explorer (I had no recollection of downloading and installing it

I recommend this solution ONLY if the application you find running the error is not an important component in your system.

• Marked as answer by M_Sion Monday, November 12, 2012 12:57 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 12:56 AM

All replies

• 1. Why do you hide program path? Here is the starting point for troubleshooting!

2. Uninstall program that make problems and runtime. Restart and install program again.

3. Is there any trace in Event log?

Regards

Milos

Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Check if your program is on Microsoft compatibility list

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Rgds

Milos

Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Well that's the thing.

I'm not hiding it, the exact message is presented in the prompt.

So I don't know what to do from here....

M_Sion

Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

Mostly, this kinds of error can be caused by two factors:

1.Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing.

2.Software problem.

If the issue is caused by #1, you can reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

If the issue still persists after installing above package, the issue should be a software problem. I suggest you take a Clean Boot check whether it is a software conflict issue. If not, it is still recommended to address the problem with manufacturer support. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:48 AM
  • hi!  i am having this same problem, bu in my case, i also cannot download ANYTHING from the web.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

doug s.

Saturday, October 06, 2012 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

I downloaded the Runtime Components as mentioned in Number 1 . When I restarted the Computer.....again this came up

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C: Program Filed(.....

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it ia an unusual way.

Please contact the application' s support Team etc..

What can I do????? Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Gjento Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:15 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Gjento Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:15 PM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:02 PM
  • I had the same problem and I resolved it with TweakNow Power Pack 2010. I use Windows XP SP3 32-bit. I guess it was a problem with registry files. So go install the TweakNow and at home section you'll see the windows cleaner, below tick clean registry and clean traces of your computer. After that at Windows Cleaner section (on the left at home screen) make a registry cleaner and finally registry defragmenter. Hope this will help you. Regards
    Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:20 PM
  • I recommend this solution ONLY if the application you find running the error is not an important component in your system.

READ COMPLETE REPLY BEFORE FOLLOWING THE STEPS I HAVE PROVIDED. I am not responsible if this solution was implemented incorrectly. Please read justifications after the steps provided.

Hello,

This is what I did.

1. Turn On PC as normal

3. When it appears, Run Task Manager (here you can see the task running the Error Prompt)

4. Right Click on the task and Choose > Go To Process (will take you to processes Tab)

6. Windows Explorer will appear and you can see the Application Folder (name of application)

In my case, it was lucky that the application I found wasn't anything related to system or anything for i wouldn't know what to do if it was. The application was an external software that was apparently downloaded and installed into my Internet Explorer (I had no recollection of downloading and installing it

I recommend this solution ONLY if the application you find running the error is not an important component in your system.

• Marked as answer by M_Sion Monday, November 12, 2012 12:57 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 12:56 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear this issue has been solved. Thanks for sharing. We really appreciate your time and efforts. Hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.<o:p></o:p>

Regards, 

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 12, 2012 1:51 AM
  • Well I'm facing a similar problem but in my case the message doen't pop up when starting but when I open Matlab.

I really do not want to uninstall it.

Could someone tell me why the problem occurs and how to fix it other than reinstalling the program?

Thanks.

Monday, November 12, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Hello, I'm dittoing Kevin's comment.  This is effecting several programs I'm using on a 64 bit windows 7 machine....and I don't want to uninstall them...I need them to function.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:24 AM

Hello,

This is what I did.

1. Turn On PC as normal

application programs

Kiether Eichelbrenner

Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Hello, 

I have done these:

Turn On PC as normal

and found out that the the name of the application was Windows Explorer, explorer.exe file version 6.1.7601.17567, size 2871808 bytes, created 25/07/2011. this error pops up at random, sometimes several times a day and after that it only restarts Windows Explorer. I am running Win 7 pro x 64. 

O.S.

UPD.

I've reinstalled latest C++ runtime - this does not solve anything, Explorer has just crashed again.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Thank you. I followed your instructions and found the offending application (apple program called APSDaemon) but couldn't find it in "uninstall", so I just deleted it and problem disappeared. Don't know yet if running apple program is affected, but will face that problem if it occurs. At the very least, you informed me how to identify the offending program. Thanks again.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:15 AM