none
Labtec Webcam Pro driver missing

Question

• My USB Labtec Webcam Pro does not install. Win 7 driver missing.
    The webcam has been tested under Win XP/SP2/SP3 and Win Vista/SP1/SP2 without problem.
    I tried Compatibility Mode (Vista, Vista/SP1, Vista/SP2, XP/SP2 and XP/SP3) but the webcam although it shows in the device list, is not recognised.
    The webcam Mic works fine. It is the webcam which is not recognised.

I have a Desktop PC with Intel 7200 processor and 2 GB RAM.
    The OS is Windows 7 RC, kernel version 6.1.7100.0

Thanks
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 11:08 PM

Answers

• I have LabTec Webcam Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM version). They work fine.

You can use Vista driver. I have 64-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate. If you are using 32-bit version, software directories may be different but the method should be the same.

The driver version (from Labtec) I use is:

Version: 10.5.1 build 1130b
    Posted: 03/27/2007
    Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista, XP, 2000

Download the Vista driver, x86 or x64 from Labtec. http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/service/listing/EUR/EN,crid=68,crid2=1764

Install the software. Yes, it gives an error "You cannot use the current version blah blah blah". HOWEVER, setup extracts the drivers to the following directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Labtec\WebCamWebInstall\Drivers\x64

[Comment] Normal unistall -procedure shouldn't leave any files behind, but Labtec's does (fortunately).

Now open the Device manager. Choose your webcam. And if you don't know which one of the devices is your webcam, you should try to find ? -sign and if you check the hardware details, you should be able to find the USB hardware id. Hardware ID for my webcam (same as yours) should be USB\VID_046D&PID_08A2&REV_0100&MI_00

Choose the device. Click the mouse's right buttom. Choose Update the driver software. Locate the driver. You can find the driver from directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Labtec\WebCamWebInstall\Drivers\x64 or similar... depending the OS version you have.

There are also two subdirectories ...\WELH64 and ...\WIM64

Your driver is in ..\WELH64 -subdirectory, if you have models Labtec WebCam(Elch 2) / Lacamus, Labtec webcam plus
    Your driver is in ..\WIM64 -subdirectory, if you have models Labtec Webcam Plus, Labtec notebook webcam, Labtec Webcam pro.

In your case choose the ..\WIM64 -directory, press ok, and it should find the driver. Voila.

And these instructions should work also for combinations: Windows 7 & Labtec WebCam(Elch 2), Lacamus, Labtec webcam plus, Labtec Webcam Plus, Labtec notebook webcam, Labtec Webcam pro

I am not working for Labtec... so try for your own risk. Don't shoot the nerd.

8/16/2009

Marko P
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:30 AM
  • Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If the update package doesn't contains the appropriate driver, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait and push the your webcam manufacture to upgrade the driver ASAP. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If the update package doesn't contains the appropriate driver, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait and push the your webcam manufacture to upgrade the driver ASAP. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:35 AM
  • I have LabTec Webcam Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM version). They work fine.

You can use Vista driver. I have 64-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate. If you are using 32-bit version, software directories may be different but the method should be the same.

Download the Vista driver, x86 or x64 from Labtec. http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/service/listing/EUR/EN,crid=68,crid2=1764

Install the software. Yes, it gives an error "You cannot use the current version blah blah blah". HOWEVER, setup extracts the drivers to the following directory:

[Comment] Normal unistall -procedure shouldn't leave any files behind, but Labtec's does (fortunately).

Now open the Device manager. Choose your webcam. And if you don't know which one of the devices is your webcam, you should try to find ? -sign and if you check the hardware details, you should be able to find the USB hardware id. Hardware ID for my webcam (same as yours) should be USB\VID_046D&PID_08A2&REV_0100&MI_00

Choose the device. Click the mouse's right buttom. Choose Update the driver software. Locate the driver. You can find the driver from directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Labtec\WebCamWebInstall\Drivers\x64 or similar... depending the OS version you have.

Your driver is in ..\WELH64 -subdirectory, if you have models Labtec WebCam(Elch 2) / Lacamus, Labtec webcam plus
    Your driver is in ..\WIM64 -subdirectory, if you have models Labtec Webcam Plus, Labtec notebook webcam, Labtec Webcam pro.

In your case choose the ..\WIM64 -directory, press ok, and it should find the driver. Voila.

And these instructions should work also for combinations: Windows 7 & Labtec WebCam(Elch 2), Lacamus, Labtec webcam plus, Labtec Webcam Plus, Labtec notebook webcam, Labtec Webcam pro

8/16/2009

Marko P
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:30 AM

8/16/2009

Marko P

It works. Thanks a lot.
    Theo
    Monday, August 17, 2009 4:23 PM
  • Marko,  I followed your instructions exactly.  I have a labtec webcam, the very last one on the driver page link that you provide.  "Windows could not find driver software for your device."  My driver should have been in WIM64, but I tried WEL64 as well for the heck of it.  Any ideas?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:34 PM
  • Marko, I used your instructions to download a driver for Vista 64-bit to use with my Labtec Webcam Pro. It works, I think. Talking on Skype, I have a problem with the sound pegging the green bar on the audio test. I get messages that I may have problems with "noise in the background." I do not know if the driver  is at fault or some other problem is causing this. It seems to work intermittantly. May be a problem with Skype being busy. The video is better than ever. A new computer and a new video card. Any suggestions on the audio? WolfpackRon.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:44 PM
  • The picture is awesome!! The audio is the pits!!  It will work OK for a while then the green line on the audio check bar pegs. When it pegs the sound on the other end is very scratchy and staticy. It is deafening. Terrible. I would guess that the problem is a not perfect match on the Windows 7 driver.  Any suggestions? WolfpackRon.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:36 PM
  • After trying all the advice offered on these pages, I have just found a solution for Labtec webcam pro running on windows 7.
    If you download the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 installer, Vista version (file download qc1051enu.exe) the install is clean and works perfectly!  I have downloaded from Logitech site but file seems widely available. Link - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/269&cl=roeu,en?osid=13&other_downloads=0
    • Proposed as answer by handyandypt Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:53 PM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 3:54 PM
  • After trying all the advice offered on these pages, I have just found a solution for Labtec webcam pro running on windows 7.
    If you download the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 installer, Vista version (file download qc1051enu.exe) the install is clean and works perfectly!  I have downloaded from Logitech site but file seems widely available. Link - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/269&cl=roeu,en?osid=13&other_downloads=0

I just tried installing the 64 bit Vista version on Windows 7 64 bit and got a "This software was not designed to run on your system".  Nothing got installed.

-- Geoff
    Monday, December 21, 2009 11:34 PM

I just tried installing the 64 bit Vista version on Windows 7 64 bit and got a "This software was not designed to run on your system".  Nothing got installed.

-- Geoff
    What u need to do  is right click the file and do Troubleshoot

Then dont do recommended settings - this will run as XP - instead click troubleshoot problem - then say it worked in previous version of windows, then select Vista

Sammy
    Friday, January 15, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Sammy;

e, the trouble shoot solution worked great!
    Monday, February 01, 2010 2:25 AM
  • Hey Marko,

Your directions worked.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with a Labtec webcam pro.  I was going to buy a new webcam because the company didn't develop drivers for Windows 7.  But not anymore thanks to your directions.  WIM64 didn't work, so I tried WELH64 and it worked!  I am handicapped and I can't use my hands.  I use my head with a head pointer to use my PC.  I am a computer geek!  If you want to check out my website, it is http://www.flipstips.com.  Well Marko, thank you for your directions. 

Sincerely,
    Flip P.
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:55 AM
  • I do not work out, lightning did not know it!
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:52 AM
  • Dear Marko, you are a genius, a scholar and a gentleman! Thanks.;)
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:47 PM

8/16/2009

Marko P

Thank you sooo much, I couldn't get it working until I read this...
    Monday, June 07, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Im from sweden an my english ain't that good and even i made it work, thanks alot!
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:51 PM
  • Thanks a million Marko,

I am using Windows 7   32 bit or X86.

My folder was located C:\Program Files\Labtec\WebCamWebInstall\Drivers\x32\WIM

I followed your instructions worked great first time.

If you only knew how hard it was to reply to this you would apprecate the effort.

Thanks again Mox

Saturday, August 28, 2010 1:42 PM
  • Marko:

Thank you very much for your help. It was really useful and I could perfectly install and use my Labtec Pro Webcam in Windows7 I had 32 bit so I used the other driver that was indicated, not the USB\VID_046D&PID_08A2&REV_0100&MI_00. The rest was easy thanks to you.

Good job

Victor

Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:46 PM
  • Trabalhou na perfeição tenho Windows 7 e a Webcam Labet Pro trabalha, boa solução andei a vasculhar na net e só com isto resolvi a situação.

Obrigado.

Friday, February 18, 2011 10:59 PM

8/16/2009

Marko P

Excelent advice, I did what you wrote and worked perfect, Thanks a lot
    Friday, February 25, 2011 3:54 PM
  • I was looking for the solution of this problem, went to logitech and labtec web sites, downloaded vista drivers and used your advice to install them. Worked perfect.

Thanks a lot.

Arqueos

02/25/2011

Friday, February 25, 2011 3:57 PM
  • went to logitech and labtec web sites, downloaded vista drivers and then followed youre advice, but! when i clickt on  Troubleshoot i only have 2 options: Apply this fix or skip this fix?? help pliiiz...
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Awesome.  Thanks a bunch, Marko.  After trying just about everything I could think of, I did a google search and found your suggestion.  It worked for Windows 7 on an HP with an AMD processor, and I finally have a functional WebCam...I was about to go out and buy a new one, but the WebCam Pro is just fine for me.

I don't know why Labtec would not update these drivers...very customer UNfriendly...but Marko came through.  Thanks again.

Rob Tepper

Rob@WebMarketEffectively.com

Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:38 PM
  • thank you - N
    Friday, July 29, 2011 9:24 AM
  • Just navigate here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Labtec\WebCamWebInstall

Find setup.exe, right click then go down to properties. Whilst on properties go to the compatibility tab, then tick "Run this program in compatibility for:" and in the drop down box choose windows vista.

Apply changed and walla, run the setup ad it should work :)

Sunday, October 30, 2011 1:09 AM
  • It Works. Thanks a lot.
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:27 PM
  • works perfect!!! thanks a lot. after hours of searching you make it possible xd

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:03 AM
  • You solve it, Thx a lot. People like you make the difference.
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:36 PM
  • hey i have tried everything, even followed your instructions step by step, it still does not work for my laptop, i cant even find how to troubleshoot the problem, please help me, all it says is "driver is not located" every time i try
    Saturday, September 01, 2012 6:43 PM
  • Works just fine. Thanks man. Eli kiitokset vaan!
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Hi Marko, Are you still around? Please please help.

I am desperately trying to get my Labtec Webcam to work with my updated PC and I have followed your instructions but no luck.

The PC now runs on Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 with operating system of 64 bits.

The hardware ID for my webcam is the same as yours: USB\VID_046D&PID_08A2&REV_0100&MI_00 (as stated in your post of Sunday August 16 2009 11:30) 

Labtec's web has now disappeared and I cannot download the Vista driver, x86 or x64 from Labtec (and cannot find what I need on the Logitech web).

WebCamWebInstall is still on my computer (the setup version is 06/03/2007 LogiSetup and I have configured this to Windows Vista) but in the Drivers file I only have 2 folders: BIN and x32, this last folder has 2 subfolders WELCH and WIM.

Do you know where I can get a safe download of a Vista driver x64 so that I can follow your tips and finally use this excellent webcam with Windows7? Or is there another way of making the webcam work with Windows7??

I watched the tutorial at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI0oIy_7lks and attempted to download the driver from the link the tutorial refers to (http://ul.to/u3jxpl7h ) but my PC identified it as malware so I stopped the download.

Please help.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:03 AM