none
reboot toshiba pre-installed windows 7 32 bit error code 0x80070057 cd/dvd diagnostic

Question

• reboot toshiba pre-installed windows 7 32 bit error code 0x80070057 cd/dvd diagnostic
    • Changed type prestohey Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:04 PM
    Monday, November 07, 2011 10:21 PM

Answers

• Hi prestohey,

When did the issue happened? On a new laptop? If so, contact the Toshiba for more help.

Before that, you can perform an In-Place Upgrade see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by prestohey Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:50 PM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi prestohey,

When did the issue happened? On a new laptop? If so, contact the Toshiba for more help.

Before that, you can perform an In-Place Upgrade see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by prestohey Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:50 PM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:31 AM
  • Hi  Miya'

The issue started after I re-booted the hdd on my L550 on Toshiba's advice,apparently you cannot use the recovery disc supplied with the laptop.Since then the cd/dvd player and path 'E' have disappeared.I have had several warning messages.TSSTCORP CDDVDWTS-L633C is disconnected,dvd-ram utility is not recognised, TC00214900B application 'windows' cannot complete extraction destination file could not be created.I don't see were all this came from,the laptop is only two years old but it seemed to take up-to three days before all of Microsoft and windows 7 to come through regarding updating some of which did not install automatically. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Prestohey

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:27 PM
  • We need more details on your first sentence. For example, what do you mean with 'rebooting the HDD'?

Also, have you tried using System Restore to roll back the system to an earlier state?

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:02 PM