none
mustek bearpaw 2448ta plus and windows 7

Question

• how do i install mustek bearpaw 2448ta plus scanner on windows 7?

there is no driver that i've found that is compatible with windows 7.. is there a way
    to use drivers for older operating systems (vista/xp) with windows 7 instead?
    Monday, November 02, 2009 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi stimpy_1,

According to Mustek's website, there is no Windows 7 driver available. Please first confirm with Mustek and see if bearpaw 2448ta plus is compatible with Windows 7 and if there is any update for this device.

Also, you can install the Vista driver in the compatibility mode by referring to this thread and see if the issue can be resolved: HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode.

If the issue persists, you may have to wait for Mustek to publish the new update.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 09, 2009 1:50 AM
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi stimpy_1,

According to Mustek's website, there is no Windows 7 driver available. Please first confirm with Mustek and see if bearpaw 2448ta plus is compatible with Windows 7 and if there is any update for this device.

Also, you can install the Vista driver in the compatibility mode by referring to this thread and see if the issue can be resolved: HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode.

If the issue persists, you may have to wait for Mustek to publish the new update.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 09, 2009 1:50 AM
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:46 AM
  • Hello,

I found a simple and effective way to use an older scanner (like mustek bearpaw 2448ta plus) for which there are no windows 7 drivers available.

1. Install a virtual machine software - Microsoft Virtual PC or VMware Workstation.

2. Create a Windows XP virtual machine

3. Share your USB port with the virtual machine

4. Install the XP drivers in the Windows XP virtual machine.

5. Enjoy your scanner :)

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:47 PM