none
double activation

Question

• Hi,

i'd like to know if a windows seven entreprise kms host can distribute vista and seven keys at the same time ?
    or
    if a vista professional can distribute vista and seven key at the same time ?

and how to do that ?

thanks

Regis
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Regis,
    Yes and Yes
    For Windows Vista you need this update installed first
    968912 An update is available for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008 to extend KMS activation support for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;968912
    After installing, you need to change the product key to the Windows 7 KMS host key.

For Windows 7, you simply need to use your Windows 7 KMS host key, that key will allow Windows Vista and Windows 7 KMS clients to activate.
    Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Regis,
    Yes and Yes
    For Windows Vista you need this update installed first
    968912 An update is available for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008 to extend KMS activation support for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;968912
    After installing, you need to change the product key to the Windows 7 KMS host key.

For Windows 7, you simply need to use your Windows 7 KMS host key, that key will allow Windows Vista and Windows 7 KMS clients to activate.
    Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:00 PM
  • and does a professional seven key can activate seven entreprise version ?
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:02 PM
  • ok sorry I didn't read correctly...
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:17 PM
  • Hello Regis,
    For Volume License for Windows Vista and Windows 7, there is only a single KMS host key which would activate either Professional or Enterprise clients
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:12 PM
  • the only problem is that for msdn academic aliance, you could not get a kms key... I still don't know why even after calling msdnaa platform...
    Friday, December 18, 2009 10:19 AM
  • any news about MSDN Academic Alliance KMS key ?
    Wednesday, January 06, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Hello Regis,
    I do not know what options are available from the MSDN Academic Alliance, but I didn't think that KMS was available for that program.
    Wednesday, January 06, 2010 10:15 PM
  • is there any change for kms keys politics ?
    Monday, June 28, 2010 4:04 PM
  • No buddy,

MSDN AA do not provide KMS Host key, its only available through Microsoft VL or through some reseller. But i would recomment you to buy it from microsoft as we will be the sole responsible body, and sometimes they may cheat.

MC Naveen Kannan | Support Engineer | Windows Server Setup Team | Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support |
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:34 PM