none
windows 7 and blue screen

Question

• I just upgraded my system which is a HP pavillion dv5000 3gb ram intel centrino nvidia g card, and had vindows vista premium to windows 7600. The system boots and allows me to login, then when it is displaying my desktop , it brings up the blue screen. When I boot into safe mode, it opens without any problem.
    this is the error text it brings up:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode: 7f
      BCP1: 0000000F
      BCP2: 000101F8
      BCP3: 00000000
      BCP4: 00000000
      OS Version: 6_1_7600
      Service Pack: 0_0
      Product: 256_1

Please can someone help me solve the problem. thanks

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi, to troubleshoot BSOD crash issues, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, August 14, 2009 3:31 AM

All replies

• Chances are a legacy driver that is incompatible with W7 or a system software app that wasn't known to the setup routine as a potential problem wasn't disabled prior to the upgrade and so has now been put back into place once the setup has completed.

The best method of troubleshooting is to use the msonfig app to disable non-microsoft startup software\services (so it bahaves like Safe-Mode) and see if it boots. If it does then re-enable the startup software\services one at a time until the problem reocurrs (process of elimination) at which point the last item you re-enabled would be the cause.

It can be a bit tedious to do if you have lots of software installed but it's the method that will save you having to install\uninstall software and drivers which can lead to further problems and\or conflicts.

Hope this suggestion is of use.
    dizzy davidh
    • Proposed as answer by dizzy davidh Friday, August 14, 2009 3:51 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:53 AM
  • I just upgraded my system which is a HP pavillion dv5000 3gb ram intel centrino nvidia g card, and had vindows vista premium to windows 7600. The system boots and allows me to login, then when it is displaying my desktop , it brings up the blue screen. When I boot into safe mode, it opens without any problem.
    this is the error text it brings up:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode: 7f
      BCP1: 0000000F
      BCP2: 000101F8
      BCP3: 00000000
      BCP4: 00000000
      OS Version: 6_1_7600
      Service Pack: 0_0
      Product: 256_1

Please can someone help me solve the problem. thanks

Hi

I agree with Dizzy, it sounds like something is incompatible or misbehaving. The 'BCCode: 7f' is genarally seen when a hardware device driver is corrupt or misbehaving.

I would start with updating the drivers for all the installed hardware, especially the graphics device. Check with HP first for Windows 7 drivers. If none are available, download and install the latest Vista drivers using the compatibility mode.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Let us know the results.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Friday, August 14, 2009 3:28 AM
  • Hi, to troubleshoot BSOD crash issues, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, August 14, 2009 3:31 AM