none
No jack information Available

Question

• I have windows 7 Enterprise in 32 bit. I have Mia midi Echo Digital Sound card for recording. previous days it was working properly but last two days, when windows 7 updated, the sound card is not working. In control panel, sound card is displayed, working properly, but in audio information, displays "no Jack information available. it is not working to record in Adobe Audition. What can be problem?
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have seen this several times with different devices and Windows 7.  Upgrading drivers usually fixes this but sometimes you will need to do a remote/reinstall with new drivers.  Click here to do to the drivers page for your card.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:17 PM
  • Obujuwami,

would you provide info for RealTek driver? I have exactly the same problem: after upgraded to Win7 and installed the RealTek audio driver (for Win7), in Device Manager it shows audio driver is installed properly. "No Jack information available". There is no sound coming out of speaker (or headphone).

Thanks

Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Monday, May 23, 2011 2:40 AM
  • Hello Roshan,

I faced the same issue, i had formatted C: drive and then re-installed Win 7. And since then the audio was not coming through connected speakers. I spent days behind fixing the issue, tried installing drivers but nothing worked out.

Until today, i uninstalled the sound drivers and restarted the machine. Upon restart you will get a pop up for drivers failure for "Multimedia Audio Controller". Once you get here click on the link right below the error which would give you 2 options viz. 1. Search drivers auto from Windows Update   2. Manually.

Make sure 1st option is selected, once this is selected "Windows Update" will check automatically the best sound drivers for your system.

And this should just fix the needful, it worked for me.

Hope this helps !!

Many Thanks & Regards,
    Mehul
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:39 AM