none
There was an error when printing started. To check the printer setup....

Question

• I have around 40 workstations I manage.  One workstation randomly gets this error, sometimes you can close the application and then the printing will work, sometimes you have to reboot.

Windows 7 pro (all updates)

printer is mapped through ip address, but this happens on any printer he is set to

I'm swapped out 3 different machines

I've uninstalled /reinstalled all print drivers and tried universal drivers

This happens whether, Ethernet cable or wireless

no one else has this problem...

Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:54 PM

All replies

• Please tell me someone has a fix for this...so desperate..

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:10 PM
  • Hi,

What's the error message?

This article maybe of some help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/why-cant-i-print

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:46 AM
  • This is the error.  There was an error when printing started.  To check the printer setup, double-click the printer icon in  windows control panel...

Friday, April 12, 2013 12:40 PM
  • The spooler is not the problem..it's running, even if I restart doesn't make a difference, also nothing in event logs to show issues..
    Friday, April 12, 2013 12:41 PM
  • I'm still desperately waiting on some kind of solution on this if anyone can help...
    Monday, April 15, 2013 3:52 PM
  • Ok, so now I've recreated his profile in active directory...problem still exist..HELP from anyone!!

Friday, May 03, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Rename your prtoutlook file
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:15 AM
  • did that no luck
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:13 PM
  • I'm having a similar issue.  I have a driver that correctly returns canceled print when printer specific dialogue is canceled.  Outlook and Powerpoint both give the exact same error.  (However I am not having this issue in Word or any other products I have tried).

Relate this how you will, but I only get this error when I cancel a job and send the cancel code back to application (outlook or powerpoint)

Friday, August 23, 2013 9:28 PM
  • I have around 40 workstations I manage.  One workstation randomly gets this error, sometimes you can close the application and then the printing will work, sometimes you have to reboot.

Windows 7 pro (all updates)

printer is mapped through ip address, but this happens on any printer he is set to

I'm swapped out 3 different machines

I've uninstalled /reinstalled all print drivers and tried universal drivers

This happens whether, Ethernet cable or wireless

no one else has this problem...

I'm not sure if this is helpful but this seems to work.

Closed Outlook, and deleted the following file: C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\outlprnt

Works on Outlook 2010 running in Windows 7.

Source: http://word.herbtyson.com/?p=353

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:27 AM
  • I also got this error. Win7Ult x64, all updates. Any solution not work. Is there any other ideas?
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:02 PM
  • I came across this issue too. I went to Add/Remove programs and ran a repair on the MS Office Application. Worked like a charm.
    Friday, July 11, 2014 1:25 PM
  • If you have installed Office365/Office2013 and also HP laser printers try disabling this option: 

Printer Properties ---> Device Settings ---> Installable Options ---> Printer Status Notification

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/6fad3461-49cb-4f53-913b-7b8dbfaa8c75/office-2013-crashing-after-printing-to-hp-laser-printers?forum=officesetupdeploy 
    Friday, August 01, 2014 2:14 PM