none
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter

Question

• After installing verizon security suite on my new laptop (Windows 7) it shows a problem with the teredo tunneling adapter.  After troubleshooting it says it cant repair the problem.   What exactly is this animal and do I have to have it, and if so, how do i fix it?
    Please help.  I get nothing from gateway
    Monday, January 18, 2010 10:30 PM

Answers

• Uninstall the security suite and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, go see Verizon. The tunneling adapter is for IPv6 and probably needed by Verizon. Gateway won't look at it, because with their software, its all fine, and the problem was created by Verizon software. What do you need the security suite for exactly? AV, Firewall, etc? Personally, I haven't seen security suites work all that well and usually cause more problems then they try to fix. If you're just wanting AV, malware protection etc, why not just use Microsoft's FREE Security Essentials http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/  oh and did I mention its FREE ;)
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:23 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Try disabling Teredo tunneling as below:

1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click "Command Prompt".
    3. Click "Run as Administrator".
    4. Type this command, then press Enter:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

If the network does not work after that, as cdobbs mentioned, you may need to remove verizon security suite

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:05 AM

All replies

• Uninstall the security suite and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, go see Verizon. The tunneling adapter is for IPv6 and probably needed by Verizon. Gateway won't look at it, because with their software, its all fine, and the problem was created by Verizon software. What do you need the security suite for exactly? AV, Firewall, etc? Personally, I haven't seen security suites work all that well and usually cause more problems then they try to fix. If you're just wanting AV, malware protection etc, why not just use Microsoft's FREE Security Essentials http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/  oh and did I mention its FREE ;)
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:03 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Try disabling Teredo tunneling as below:

1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click "Command Prompt".
    3. Click "Run as Administrator".
    4. Type this command, then press Enter:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

If the network does not work after that, as cdobbs mentioned, you may need to remove verizon security suite

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:05 AM
  • what if u do not have verizon and it still not working?

Thanks, Akira

Friday, August 06, 2010 3:30 PM
  • what if u do not have verizon and it still not working?

Thanks, Akira

Disable the "IP Helper" service
    Friday, August 06, 2010 5:48 PM
  • where is dat found?

akira

if possible give me a step by step please...

• Proposed as answer by tammysara Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:18 PM
    Sunday, August 08, 2010 2:45 AM
  • Microsoft Security Essentials is the best one I've ever used and it came with my Windows 7 laptop.

Patricia Marie

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:49 PM