none
Prolific Comm To USB driver not working

Question

• Trying to install a Prolific Comm to USB driver for the cable. Use it if for switches etc.

I get the attached image error when trying to install in compatibility mode right at the end.

It's the x64 Win7 driver

Anybody have a workaround?.

Thanks,

Here;s the release notes from for the driver:

PL-2303 Driver Setup Installer, Prolific Edition
    Setup Installer Revision Note History
    =================================================

System Requirement:
      . Supports the following Windows OSes:
    - Windows 98SE
    - Windows ME
    - Windows 2000 SP4
    - Windows XP SP2 and above (32 & 64 bit)
    - Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64 bit)
    - Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 (32 & 64 bit)
    - Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
    - Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
         NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or above.
      . USB host controller
      . Device using PL-2303H/HX/X version chip

Supported device ID and product strings:
      . VID_067B&PID_2303 for "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port"

Driver Versions:
    -------------------
    - Windows 98/ME Driver: v2.0.0.19
    - Windows 2000/XP/Server2003 (32 & 64-bit) WDM WHQL Driver: v2.0.13.130
    - Windows Vista/7/Server2008 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v3.3.11.152

Release Notes:
    ---------------
    PL2303 Driver Installer v1.2.10
      Changes from Installer v1.1.0:
    Driver Changes - 
    - Windows Vista/7/Server2008 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v3.3.11.152
    - Fixed BSOD issue when unplug device while data transfer

Installer Changes - 
    - Add "Modify/Repair/Remove" Menu when doing uninstall/update.

Installer & Build date: 1.2.10 (2010-4-08)

Language Support: 
    - English (default)
    - Chinese (Traditional) 
    - Chinese (Simplified)
    - Japanese

========================================
    Prolific Technology Inc.
    http://www.prolific.com.tw

• Edited by hazmat2012 Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:38 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here is driver taken from win 7. Should work for both Win 8 X86/X64.

Don't forget to remove all not working drivers using device manager and check delete driver.

http://sendspace.com/file/5m5afw

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:14 AM

All replies

• The driver is not for Windows 7. It should be very old, because I can see that it is for Windows 98 and Windows ME.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:29 AM
  • The driver is not for Windows 7. It should be very old, because I can see that it is for Windows 98 and Windows ME.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

If you read the release notes I included, The driver package supports many OS's. I used this exact driver package for Win 7 x64 Ent and it worked perfectly.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:43 PM
  • I don’t know if this will help but I have a “Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm
    Port” hookup. Recently there was a notice that there was an updated driver
    for this so I checked it and it failed. I went back to the original
    information for this specific cable and it needs to be unplugged from the
    device when installing the update.

I took off the modem on this line, left the cable “Prolific USB-to-Serial
    Comm Port” hooked up. It did the update, attached the modem and checked
    settings. It all worked after that step.

Don

Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:16 PM
  • I got my end of life PL-2303 HXA USB serial converter to work on Windows8 64bit by doing the following. 

Visit the prolific site and get the following driver:

PL2303_Prolific_Vista_332102   (Yes, this is a Vista installer which will install on Win7 but not Win8) Go figure!

Install PL2303_Prolific_Vista_332102 on a Windows7 machine.  Once installed go to the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder and copy the file called ser2pl64.sys it should be 90KB if you use the 155KB file it will not work.  Do not use the 155KB file.  Copy the 90KB file to a USB drive

On the windows8 computer install the windows 8 driver PL2303_Prolific_Driverstaller_v_1_7_0  it's on http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/CustomerLogin.aspx use guest guest for user and password.

Run that installer then copy the 90KB ser2pl64.sys file into the Windows8 C:\Windows\System32\Drivers  you will overwrite any other that is there.

Reboot or disable and enable the USB to serial in the device manager of Windows8 and it should work. 

• Edited by RichM02145 Monday, November 12, 2012 9:25 PM model #
    • Proposed as answer by philMacU Friday, April 11, 2014 11:58 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 9:24 PM
  • Hi there,

I need to get my EOL PL-2303 HXA working on windows 8, as well. Currently I get error 10 and the yellow triangle. My other computer runs XP Pro SP3. Anyone got any idea if I could do a similiar thing as RichM02145 has done for W7 to W8. ie are there files I could copy from my XP machine onto the W8 machine to achieve this. And how do I do it please?

Thanks ... John N

winesunswim

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:09 PM
  • I got my end of life PL-2303 HXA USB serial converter to work on Windows8 64bit by doing the following. 

PL2303_Prolific_Vista_332102   (Yes, this is a Vista installer which will install on Win7 but not Win8) Go figure!

Install PL2303_Prolific_Vista_332102 on a Windows7 machine.  Once installed go to the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder and copy the file called ser2pl64.sys it should be 90KB if you use the 155KB file it will not work.  Do not use the 155KB file.  Copy the 90KB file to a USB drive

On the windows8 computer install the windows 8 driver PL2303_Prolific_Driverstaller_v_1_7_0  it's on http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/CustomerLogin.aspx use guest guest for user and password.

Run that installer then copy the 90KB ser2pl64.sys file into the Windows8 C:\Windows\System32\Drivers  you will overwrite any other that is there.

Reboot or disable and enable the USB to serial in the device manager of Windows8 and it should work. 

Hello. Great solution. Problem is I don't have a Win 7 or Vista install to grab the ser2pl64.sys file.

Would it be possible to attach it here? Perhaps zip and email me the file? Place it on a hosting service for downloading?

Thank you very much!

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:42 PM

I was able to get the right 90K file mentioned above. However it will only let the device work if you turn driver signing off.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:23 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting the above solution.  I would love to resolve the issue I am having with my USB-to-Serial adapter which is exactly like the one described above (driver not working on Win 8 / 64-bit machine).

I do not see the PL2003_Prolific_Vista_332102 driver on on Prolific's web site:

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/supportDownload.aspx

Is that where you downloaded the 90KB Driver from?  Have they removed it since November 12 I wonder?

I did find the .zip and .exe on other web sites but was not able to generate said driver.

Thanks.

Kevin

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Hello,

I can not find the PL2303_Prolific_Vista_332102 installer on Prolific's web site.  Where did you find it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Hi,

Don't forget to remove all not working drivers using device manager and check delete driver.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

I had a problem using prolific PL2303 for win 7 driver installer.

My device com was correctly installed (checked from device manager); but I couldn't transfer data using usb/serial connection on Win 7 64bit systems.

Here is what I found:

Driver date:    19/11/2009
    Driver version: 2.0.13.130

Driver details:
    File location                                  File version         Status
    C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ser2pl64.sys       2.0.13.130           OK         
    C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys        6.1.7600.16385       OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver date:    26/07/2012
    Driver version: 3.4.36.247

Driver details:

File location                                  File version         Status
    C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ser2pl64.sys       3.4.36.247           NOT OK
    C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys        6.1.7600.16385       OK

windows update is updating ser2pl64.sys from 2.0.13.130 to 3.4.36.247 (especially after the prolific installer has been installed; or when you hit the driver update button from the driver properties).

Manually overwriting the driver file ser2pl64.sys version 2.0.13.130 does fix the problem.

You can reach that file version here on our FTP.

Unbelievable that prolific can't do a proper installer or having drivers which work with latest windows updates...

• Edited by CodeFire Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:33 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:33 PM
  • HI there,

I've found an answer to this problem that works for me. I'm in the UK but I guess this solution will be available to others should they wish to take it.

This is a copy that I posted on another forum ( www.blackbox-solutions.com) a vehicle diagnostics site.

""

Group Icon

Group: FAULTMATE MSV2 Owners
    Submissions: None
    Member No.: 1,882

Hi Ronnie.

I have located a lead that works with Windows 8. This is a windows issue and not an MSV2 issue, but will of course effect owners who purchase a new computer with Win 8. The lead has an FTDI chipset and I have connected it and reinstalled Vehicle explorer and it works. This is the link to where I purchased it.

http://www.usbnow.co.uk and search for 48 ( this is their product number). I tried pasting the full link in here and although it shows on the input screen it doesn't come out on the 'preview post' for some reason.

This is their AUM-100 lead. USB to RS232 with FTDI Chipset currently priced at £10.45 and delivered very quickly."

Hope this info helps someone out there!

Best wishes ...

winesunswim

Sunday, December 02, 2012 7:44 PM
  • Thank you. There is no other way, I've tried everything. You have to stick with Windows 7 for that chipset or move to Windows 8 with FTDI Chipset.

PS -

The above is true, but read lower and you'll see I did actually find a working solution.

Hiphoptech

• Edited by Hiphoptech Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:24 PM
    Monday, January 07, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Just to document that I also got my GPS antennas (Pharos and GlobalSat BU-353) both working with Windows 8 32-bit using the same process.

The only difference is that I used the file named "ser2pl.sys" instead of "ser2pl64.sys".

Also, I placed the "ser2pl.sys" file into all of the following Windows 8 folders (found by doing a file search after the driver ver 1-7-0 install):

C:\Windows\LastGood.Tmp\system32\DRIVERS\

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ser2pl.inf_x86_2d105b2c9e5e9abe\

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ser2pl.inf_x86_5b1362ae5587f85d\

Worked perfectly - THANK YOU for this post!

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:27 PM
  • I have to say that the base procedure is ok, very thanks.  I must to add, that the file added by drtedrted in this thread is ok.  We don't need install on windows7.  Just replace ser2pl64.sys.  A tip, dennied the permissions of ser2pl64.sys to system, because system will try to update that file everytime you connect again the usb-serial converter.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 2:27 PM
  • No need to copy files to the drivers directory, etc. at all! I got my PL-2303 USB-to-Serial-Converter running on a 32-bit machine with Windows 8 as follows. My Windows 8 installation is in German, so I have to translate. 

• Go to the device manager and plug in your USB-to-Serial cable. The device icon should pop up in "COM & LPT" with a yellow mark that indicates that the device is not correctly installed.
    • Double click to open its properties.
    • Go to the "Driver" tab and hit the button to update your driver. 
    • I see two options "Automatically look for new drivers" and "Look for drivers on your computer". Choose to look on your computer. 
    • Now you may specify a path to look for drivers. Leave it blank and choose to select a driver from a list of drivers on your computer. 
    • On my computer it shows four different "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port" drivers. Choose version 3.2.0.0. 

The driver version 3.2.0.0 [31.07.2007] works fine on my Windows 8 32-bit installation, while the newer versions of the driver (3.3.5.122 and 3.4.36.247) do not. Hopefully, this helps someone out there. 

• Proposed as answer by Rey6221 Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Thanks!
    Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:25 PM
  • We put together an installer package that works around this problem by:

- Removing any configured serial ports using a Prolific Driver

- Removing the current Prolific Driver

- Reinstalling the latest Prolific Driver

- Overwriting either ser2pl.sys (32 bit) or ser2pl64.sys (64 bit) with a version of the same file from an older prolific driver

- Resetting the registry entry for serial device enumeration such that the next inserted device becomes COM3.

You can download it here: http://www.brightledsigns.com/downloads/plclean.exe

We've tested it on Windows 7, 64 bit, but it should work for anything XP and above.   Would appreciate any feedback on whether it worked for you (please include OS and whether 32 or 64 bit).

• Proposed as answer by BrightSigns Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:37 PM
    Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:37 PM
  • I've tried plclean.exe on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with the PL-2303 HXA and unfortunately it did not work. I might also mention that it was a USB 3.0 port.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:16 PM
  • Vegan Fanatic pointed you here for Prolific.

CharliePel provided the user name and password to access support   guest\guest 

There, Prolific specifically addresses the issue and provides Windows 8 drivers, provided that you don't have a bootleg version of the product or the end of life version.

Prolific also recommends newer compatible products that will just plug and load.

Finally, as with all usb products, install the drivers first and then connect the device if Windows does not identify and install drivers after just plugging it in.

C'mon! Please read all that Prolific provides. End of story.

• Proposed as answer by Nano Warp Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:39 AM
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:36 AM
  • I've tried plclean.exe on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit with the PL-2303 HXA and unfortunately it did not work. I might also mention that it was a USB 3.0 port.

Jeddam, End of Life version, it will not work. Please visit Prolific for a solution.
    Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:38 AM

Jeddam, End of Life version, it will not work. Please visit Prolific for a solution.

Yes I know. I have the PL-2303 HXD chip too but I am having problems with it. I have posted a question at stackoverflow regarding PL-2303 HXD and USB 3.0 and I have sent a support question to Prolific. I don't know what else to do. That is why I am trying to get the HXA working on Windows 8. The machine I have with Windows 8 only have USB 3.0 ports. (Dell Vostro 3560)

• Edited by Jeddam Monday, March 25, 2013 6:44 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Jeddam,

The device has only 32-bit drivers. Also, the Vostro has only 1 "power share" usb port, but the Dell product support doesn't say which one.

Regardless, Newegg has a device compatible with Win8 here with Win 8 drivers from the manufacturer here.

Don't do this

Move on to a product that will work.

Monday, March 25, 2013 11:28 AM
  • I have ordered an adapter with the FTDI - FT232RL chip. Hopefully this will work properly on Windows 8.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 11:53 AM
  • The FTDI (FT232RL) based cable I got solved my problem. Everything seems to work 100%. Case closed.
    Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

thank you.. it works..

• Edited by primaridha Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:12 PM
    Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

it Works for me too in win8_x64, thank man you rule !!
    Friday, August 23, 2013 6:49 PM
  • hi,

Try to disable FIFO buffer, on port settings click "Advanced". In this dialog box you can enable or disable the FIFO buffer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/131016

Monday, September 02, 2013 3:56 PM
  • Yes! You are right and it works for me.  http://www.ztechnology.com/download/Vista-Prolific-USB-2-Serial-Driver-3-2-0-0.exe
    Friday, November 15, 2013 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, also for me.

I think that the most difficult for most of the people is how to avoid windows 8(.1) to take the newer driver again. It's very difficult to get rid of it.

I did it like this:

Open up Device Manager and right click the faulty Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port driver, with the warning in yellow. Then "Update Driver software ...", "Browse my computer for driver software", "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", "Have Disk ...", browse to the folder Prolific_Win8_x64_x86 with the older 3.3.2.102 drivers and double click on the ser2pl.inf file.

This worked for me.

• Edited by wsurfmarc Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:05 PM
    • Proposed as answer by RGuise Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:24 PM
    Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:03 PM
  • I used this method and it's working for My Lenovo Windows 8 64bit OS!

Thank you!!

Needed this for work!

-Hiphoptech.

Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:57 PM
  • Use these steps with the post I marked as "Proposed Answer" with the Sendspace link. These two combined worked well for me. You just have to update everytime you re-insert the USB to Serial adapter. Just keep the directory with the Profilic_Win8_x64_x86.zip unzipped on your local drive and use the steps above every time you need to use it. A little hassle but it's working so I'll stick to that method. Thank you for the details as this is also part of the answer. Couldn't get Windows to find the Vista installer and this didn't work for me on Windows x64.

Hiphoptech

Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:23 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, also for me.

I think that the most difficult for most of the people is how to avoid windows 8(.1) to take the newer driver again. It's very difficult to get rid of it.

I did it like this:

Open up Device Manager and right click the faulty Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port driver, with the warning in yellow. Then "Update Driver software ...", "Browse my computer for driver software", "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", "Have Disk ...", browse to the folder Prolific_Win8_x64_x86 with the older 3.3.2.102 drivers and double click on the ser2pl.inf file.

This worked for me.

Yes! The best answer so far. It also worked for me. Many thanks!
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:25 PM
  • PL2303XA/HXA (CBR USB-COM(RS-232C)) ser2pl64. sys 3.3.2.105 27.10.2008, 3.3.2.102  Bug in driver:if set DTR=1 and RTS=0  then  DTR (wire) will be   =0 , RTS=0 (low level)  not matter (все равно, несмотря на команду DTR=1)  (level, using loopback test  3-2 ,1-4-6,7-8, ComEx from HiAsm 4 Alt build).

DTR=1 (level,+5V) will be only if DTR=1  and RTS=1 (in program), else =0.

How to fix this bug in Win7 x64 Home Base ? In Knoppix 7  ->need to patch pl2303.c (RTS,DTR control algorithm).

• Edited by Andrej K_ Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:51 PM
  • Test program for Hiasm 4

Add(MainForm,2953706,21,105)
     {
      Width=976
      Height=593
      Point(onClose)
      link(onClose,2455737:doWork2,[(71,132)(71,398)])
     }
     Add(EnumCOM,15691736,98,245)
     {
      OutType=0
      link(onEnumPorts,3955287:doAdd,[])
     }
     Add(COMEX,10679999,203,427)
     {
      DataBits=1
      Point(onRING)
      Point(onDCD)
      Point(onCTS)
      Point(onDSR)
      Point(onSetComState)
      Point(doRXClear)
      Point(doDTR)
      Point(doRTS)
      Point(doSetComState)
      link(onSyncWrite,1930118:doText,[(271,433)(271,349)])
      link(onRead,10979187:doValue,[(345,440)(345,412)])
      link(onSyncRead,3724314:doValue,[(345,447)(345,454)])
      link(Port,6647147:Value,[])
      link(BaudRate,16326190:Value,[(216,321)(370,321)])
      link(onRING,6561896:doText,[(275,454)(275,468)])
      link(onDCD,11709161:doText,[(281,461)(281,517)])
      link(onCTS,12023232:doText,[(268,468)(268,559)])
      link(onDSR,8285548:doText,[(258,475)(258,601)])
      link(onSetComState,7542368:doText,[(249,482)(249,650)])
     }
     Add(ComboBox,1302486,308,203)
     {
      Left=200
      Top=30
      Width=170
      Height=24
      Strings=#2:50|2:75|3:110|3:150|3:300|3:600|4:1200|4:1800|4:2000|4:2400|4:3600|4:4800|4:7200|4:9600|5:14440|5:19200|5:28800|5:38400|5:57600|6:115200|6:128000|6:256000|
      Text="Baud Rate"
      DataType=1
      Point(onSelect)
      Point(onChangeText)
      link(onClick,16326190:doValue,[(352,216)(352,230)])
     }
     Add(Memory,16326190,364,224)
     {
      link(onData,3506215:doText,[(407,230)(407,229)])
     }
     Add(ComboBox,3955287,154,245)
     {
      Left=5
      Top=30
      Width=170
      Height=24
      Strings=#0:|4:COM1|4:COM2|4:COM3|4:COM4|4:COM5|4:COM6|4:COM7|4:COM8|4:COM9|5:COM10|5:COM11|5:COM12|5:COM13|5:COM14|5:COM15|5:COM16|5:COM17|5:COM18|5:COM19|5:COM20|
      Text="Port Number"
      Point(onSelect)
      Point(onChangeText)
      link(onClick,6647147:doValue,[(194,258)(194,265)])
     }
     Add(Memory,6647147,203,259)
     {
      Default=Integer(9600)
      link(onData,213112:doText,[])
     }
     Add(Button,14559517,7,245)
     {
      Left=15
      Top=85
      Width=80
      Caption="Enum"
      link(onClick,5608508:doWork2,[])
     }
     Add(Button,452509,112,322)
     {
      Left=15
      Top=110
      Width=80
      Caption="Open"
      link(onClick,10679999:doOpen,[(187,328)(187,433)])
     }
     Add(Button,11772522,112,364)
     {
      Left=15
      Top=135
      Width=80
      Caption="Close"
      link(onClick,2455737:doWork1,[(177,370)])
     }
     Add(CheckBox,12491755,84,497)
     {
      Left=235
      Top=65
      Width=75
      Caption="DTR 1"
      link(onCheck,10679999:doDTR,[(177,503)(177,461)])
     }
     Add(Button,6992723,84,455)
     {
      Left=105
      Top=85
      Width=80
      Caption="RX Clear"
      link(onClick,10679999:doRXClear,[(174,461)(174,454)])
     }
     Add(CheckBox,184272,84,539)
     {
      Left=235
      Top=115
      Width=80
      Caption="RTS 1"
      link(onCheck,10679999:doRTS,[(160,545)(160,468)])
     }
     Add(Label,1930118,294,343)
     {
      Left=635
      Top=155
     }
     Add(Label,6561896,308,462)
     {
      Left=395
      Top=145
     }
     Add(Label,4207733,371,462)
     {
      Left=320
      Top=145
      Width=52
      Height=20
      Caption="OnRing "
     }
     Add(Label,11709161,308,511)
     {
      Left=395
      Top=65
     }
     Add(Label,11544116,371,511)
     {
      Left=325
      Top=65
      Width=52
      Height=20
      Caption="On DCD"
     }
     Add(Label,12023232,308,553)
     {
      Left=395
      Top=115
     }
     Add(Label,382687,371,553)
     {
      Left=325
      Top=115
      Width=52
      Height=20
      Caption="On CTS"
     }
     Add(Label,8285548,308,595)
     {
      Left=395
      Top=85
     }
     Add(Label,6988529,371,595)
     {
      Left=325
      Top=85
      Width=52
      Height=20
      Caption="On DSR"
     }
     Add(Label,7542368,308,644)
     {
      Left=635
      Top=125
     }
     Add(Label,14659245,371,644)
     {
      Left=515
      Top=125
      Width=102
      Height=20
      Caption="On Set Com State"
     }
     Add(RichEdit,5827556,714,448)
     {
      Left=395
      Top=180
      Width=365
      Height=320
      ScrollBars=3
      InsertCRLF=1
      Point(FileName)
      link(FileName,1383569:Value,[(741,415)(797,415)])
     }
     Add(Label,213112,259,259)
     {
      Left=145
     }
     Add(HubEx,5608508,63,245)
     {
      link(onEvent,15691736:doEnumPorts,[])
     }
     Add(Button,14188485,84,581)
     {
      Left=375
      Top=30
      Width=100
      Height=25
      Caption="Set com state"
      link(onClick,10679999:doSetComState,[(195,587)(195,475)])
     }
     Add(Label,3506215,418,223)
     {
      Left=320
      Top=5
     }
     Add(RichEdit,8299331,533,300)
     {
      Left=15
      Top=180
      Width=365
      Height=320
      ScrollBars=3
      InsertCRLF=1
      Point(onChar)
      Point(FileName)
      Point(doCursor)
      Point(Handle)
      link(onChar,15117365:doWork1,[(575,313)])
      link(FileName,10911216:Value,[(560,291)(783,291)])
     }
     Add(Label,6235371,203,147)
     {
      Left=100
      Top=160
      Width=121
      Height=20
      Caption="Data for transmitting"
     }
     Add(Label,16289719,447,156)
     {
      Left=505
      Top=155
      Width=96
      Height=20
      Caption="Received data "
     }
     Add(HubEx,2455737,173,392)
     {
      Angle=1
      link(onEvent,10679999:doClose,[(177,440)])
     }
     Add(Memory,3724314,567,448)
     {
      link(onData,15554017:doCompare,[(611,454)(611,594)(450,594)(450,734)])
     }
     Add(Memory,10979187,525,406)
     {
      link(onData,7009701:doCompare,[(563,412)(563,521)(441,521)(441,629)])
     }
     Add(RadioButton,1452631,462,539)
     {
      Left=720
      Top=20
      Selected=0
      Caption="Async"
     }
     Add(RadioButton,681468,463,673)
     {
      Left=720
      Top=50
      Caption="Sync"
     }
     Add(If_else,7009701,462,623)
     {
      Op2=Integer(1)
      link(onTrue,6366776:doData,[])
      link(Op1,1452631:Selected,[])
     }
     Add(DoData,6366776,525,623)
     {
      link(onEventData,13463060:doWork3,[(635,629)])
      link(Data,10979187:Value,[])
     }
     Add(DoData,12028296,567,728)
     {
      link(onEventData,13463060:doWork2,[(615,734)(615,601)])
      link(Data,3724314:Value,[])
     }
     Add(If_else,15554017,462,728)
     {
      Op2=Integer(1)
      link(onTrue,12028296:doData,[])
      link(Op1,681468:Selected,[(468,716)(469,716)])
     }
     Add(HubEx,13463060,631,595)
     {
      Angle=3
      link(onEvent,5827556:doAdd,[(635,454)])
     }
     Add(ODialog,13068799,707,245)
     {
      link(onExecute,5671635:doEvent1,[])
     }
     Add(Button,4665630,651,245)
     {
      Left=15
      Top=505
      Caption="Load"
      link(onClick,13068799:doExecute,[])
     }
     Add(Label,7547326,28,532)
     {
      Left=815
      Top=275
     }
     Add(Memory,10911216,777,245)
     {
      link(onData,10116895:doEvent1,[])
     }
     Add(Label,7000143,868,245)
     {
      Left=20
      Top=535
     }
     Add(Hub,10116895,826,245)
     {
      OutCount=3
      link(onEvent1,7000143:doText,[])
      link(onEvent2,8299331:doLoad,[(847,258)(847,284)(507,284)(507,327)])
     }
     Add(Button,1920478,427,350)
     {
      Left=90
      Top=505
      Width=85
      Caption="Transmit"
      link(onClick,8050318:doWork2,[])
     }
     Add(ArrayEnum,12635300,602,378)
     {
      link(onItem,15117365:doWork3,[(646,384)(646,349)])
      link(Array,8299331:Array,[(608,362)(553,362)])
     }
     Add(HubEx,15117365,571,343)
     {
      Angle=1
      link(onEvent,10679999:doWrite,[(575,386)(191,386)(191,447)])
     }
     Add(HubEx,8050318,544,350)
     {
      Angle=1
      link(onEvent,12635300:doEnum,[(548,384)])
     }
     Add(SDialog,8306008,742,350)
     {
      FileName="logtx.txt"
      link(onExecute,1383569:doValue,[])
     }
     Add(Button,4087852,686,350)
     {
      Left=400
      Top=505
      Caption="Save"
      link(onClick,8306008:doExecute,[])
     }
     Add(Memory,1383569,791,350)
     {
      link(onData,5827556:doSave,[(835,356)(835,419)(702,419)(702,482)])
     }
     Add(Button,14492944,651,196)
     {
      Left=195
      Top=505
      Width=65
      Caption="Save"
      link(onClick,15437328:doExecute,[])
     }
     Add(SDialog,15437328,707,196)
     {
      FileName="logrx.txt"
      link(onExecute,14041053:doEvent1,[])
     }
     Add(Hub,5671635,749,245)
     {
      InCount=2
      OutCount=3
      link(onEvent1,10911216:doValue,[])
     }
     Add(Hub,14041053,756,196)
     {
      InCount=2
      OutCount=3
      link(onEvent1,5671635:doEvent2,[(782,202)(782,230)(737,230)(737,258)])
      link(onEvent2,8299331:doSave,[(782,209)(782,271)(521,271)(521,334)])
     }

• Edited by Andrej K_ Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:29 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:01 AM
  • VID_067B&PID_2303 for "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port"
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:27 AM
  • Reference how to patch or remake for Win 7 x32,x64,Win8  in WDK 8 (without Visual studio)?  
    http://code.woboq.org/linux/linux/drivers/usb/serial/pl2303.c.html
    • Edited by Andrej K_ Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:35 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:34 AM
  • unit hiCOMEX;

interface

uses Windows, Kol, Share, Debug;

const
      _nm: string = 'NOEMS';
      dtrrts: string = 'offon ';

type
      _COMSTAT1 = record
        Flags: DWORD;
        cbInQue: DWORD;
        cbOutQue: DWORD;
      end;
      TComStat1 = _COMSTAT1;

type

THICOMEX = class(TDebug)
       private
        hFile: THandle;
        thrd, thwr: PThread;
        OvrWr, OvrRd: TOverlapped;
        ReadStr: string;
        MaskRd: DWORD;
        SendedWr: Integer;
        procedure CloseCom;
        function SetCom(BaudRate: Integer; Parity, DataBits, StopBits: Char; DTR, RTS: string): boolean;
        function InitCom(BaudRate, PortNo: Integer; Parity, DataBits, StopBits: Char; DTR, RTS: string): boolean;
        function ExecuteRd(Sender: PThread): Integer;
        function ExecuteWr(Sender: PThread): Integer;
        procedure SyncExecRd;
        procedure SyncExecWr;
        procedure SyncExecSt;    
       public
        _prop_Port:byte;
        _prop_BaudRate:integer;
        _prop_Parity:integer;
        _prop_DataBits:integer;
        _prop_StopBits:integer;    
        _prop_DTR: byte;
        _prop_RTS: byte;    

_event_onSyncWrite:THI_Event;
        _event_onRead:THI_Event;
        _event_onSyncRead:THI_Event;    
        _event_onDSR:THI_Event;
        _event_onCTS:THI_Event;
        _event_onDCD:THI_Event;    
        _event_onRING:THI_Event;
        _event_onSetComState:THI_Event;    
        _data_BaudRate:THI_Event;
        _data_Port:THI_Event;

constructor Create;
        destructor Destroy; override;
        procedure _work_doOpen(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doClose(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doRXClear(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doWrite(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doDTR(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doRTS(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doSetComState(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
        procedure _work_doDataBits(var _Data:TData; Index:word);    
        procedure _work_doParity(var _Data:TData; Index:word);    
        procedure _work_doStopBits(var _Data:TData; Index:word);
      end;

implementation

constructor THICOMEX.Create;
    begin
      inherited; 
      hFile := INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE;
      FillChar(OvrWr, SizeOf(TOverlapped), #0);
      OvrWr.hEvent := CreateEvent(nil, True, True, #0);
      FillChar(OvrRd, SizeOf(TOverlapped), #0);
      OvrRd.hEvent := CreateEvent(nil, false, false, #0);
    end;

destructor THICOMEX.Destroy;
    begin
    // Ýòîò êîñòûëü ñâÿçàí ñ íåêîððåêòíîñòüþ óíè÷òîæåíèÿ êëàññà â FPC
    {$ifndef F_P}
      CloseCom;
      CloseHandle(OvrWr.hEvent);
      CloseHandle(OvrRd.hEvent);
    {$endif}  
      inherited Destroy; 
    end;

function THICOMEX.SetCom(BaudRate: Integer; Parity, DataBits, StopBits: Char; DTR, RTS: string): Boolean;
    var 
      PortParam: string;
      dcb: TDCB;
      cto: _COMMTIMEOUTS;
    begin 
      result := false;
      if hFile = INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE then exit;

//óñòàíîâêà òðåáóåìûõ ïàðàìåòðîâ
      GetCommState(hFile, dcb); //÷òåíèå òåêóùèõ ïàðàìåòðîâ ïîðòà
      PortParam := 'baud='    + Int2Str(BaudRate) +
                   ' data='   + DataBits +
                   ' parity=' + Parity +
                   ' stop='   + StopBits +
                   ' dtr='    + DTR +
                   ' rts='    + RTS +
                   ' xon=off odsr=off octs=off idsr=off';

FillChar(cto, sizeof(cto), #0);   // óáèðàåì âñå TimeOut-û, òàê êàê áóäåì ðàáîòàòü ñ ïåðåêðûòûìè ìåòîäàìè

if BuildCommDCB(PChar(PortParam), DCB) then
        result := SetCommState(hFile, DCB) and SetCommTimeouts(hFile, cto);
    end;

function THICOMEX.InitCom(BaudRate, PortNo: Integer; Parity, DataBits, StopBits: Char; DTR, RTS: string): Boolean;
    var 
      FileName: string; 
      PortParam: string;
      dcb: TDCB;
      cto: _COMMTIMEOUTS;
      FModems: DWORD;  
    begin 
      result := false;
      CloseCom;
      FileName := '\\.\Com' + Int2Str(PortNo); // èìÿ ôàéëà
      hFile := CreateFile(PChar(FileName),
               GENERIC_READ or GENERIC_WRITE,
               nil,
               OPEN_EXISTING,
               FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED,
               0);

//óñòàíîâêà òðåáóåìûõ ïàðàìåòðîâ
      GetCommState(hFile, dcb); //÷òåíèå òåêóùèõ ïàðàìåòðîâ ïîðòà
      PortParam := 'baud='    + Int2Str(BaudRate) +
                   ' data='   + DataBits +
                   ' parity=' + Parity +
                   ' stop='   + StopBits +
                   ' dtr='    + DTR +
                   ' rts='    + RTS +
                   ' xon=off odsr=off octs=off idsr=off';

FillChar(cto, sizeof(cto), #0);   // óáèðàåì âñå TimeOut-û, òàê êàê áóäåì ðàáîòàòü ñ ïåðåêðûòûìè ìåòîäàìè

if BuildCommDCB(PChar(PortParam), DCB) then
        result := SetCommState(hFile, DCB) and SetCommTimeouts(hFile, cto);
      if not result then
        CloseCom
      else
      begin
        thrd := {$ifdef F_P}NewThreadforFPC{$else}NewThread{$endif};
        thrd.ThreadPriority := THREAD_PRIORITY_HIGHEST;
        thrd.OnExecute := ExecuteRd;
        thwr := {$ifdef F_P}NewThreadforFPC{$else}NewThread{$endif};
        thwr.ThreadPriority := THREAD_PRIORITY_HIGHEST;
        thwr.OnExecute := ExecuteWr;
        PurgeComm(hFile, PURGE_TXCLEAR or PURGE_RXCLEAR);
        SetCommMask(hFile, EV_RXCHAR or EV_DSR or EV_CTS or EV_RLSD or EV_RING);
        if GetCommModemStatus(hFile, FModems) then
        begin
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onDSR, integer((FModems and MS_DSR_ON) = MS_DSR_ON));
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onCTS, integer((FModems and MS_CTS_ON) = MS_CTS_ON));
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onDCD, integer((FModems and MS_RLSD_ON) = MS_RLSD_ON));            
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onRING, integer((FModems and MS_RING_ON) = MS_RING_ON));
        end;      
        thrd.Resume;
      end;  
    end;

procedure THICOMEX.CloseCom;
    begin
      if Assigned(thrd) then
      begin
        thrd.Terminate;
        thrd.WaitFor;
        free_and_nil(thrd);    
      end;
      if Assigned(thwr) then
      begin
        thwr.Terminate;
        thwr.WaitFor;
        free_and_nil(thwr);    
      end;
      PurgeComm(hFile, PURGE_TXCLEAR or PURGE_RXCLEAR);
      CloseHandle(hFile);
      hFile := INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE;
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doOpen;
    begin
       CloseCom;
       InitCom(ReadInteger(_Data,_data_BaudRate,_prop_BaudRate),
               ReadInteger(_Data,_data_Port,_prop_Port + 1),
               _nm[_prop_Parity + 1],
               Int2Str(_prop_DataBits + 7)[1],
               Int2Str(_prop_StopBits + 1)[1],
               Copy(dtrrts, _prop_DTR * 3 + 1, 3),
               Copy(dtrrts, _prop_RTS * 3 + 1, 3));
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doClose;
    begin
      CloseCom;
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doRXClear;
    begin
      if hFile <> INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE then
         PurgeComm(hFile, PURGE_RXCLEAR);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doWrite;
    var
      BufferWr: string;
      Sended: DWORD;  
    begin
    //  if (not thwr.Suspended) then exit;
      BufferWr := ToString(_Data);
      WriteFile(hFile, BufferWr[1], Length(BufferWr), Sended, @OvrWr);
      thwr.Resume;
    end;

function THICOMEX.ExecuteRd;
    var
      Signaled, BytesTrans, Err: DWORD;
      BufferRd: string;   
      FStat: TComStat1;
    begin
      while not Sender.Terminated do
      begin
        WaitCommEvent(hFile, MaskRd, @OvrRd);
        Signaled := WaitForSingleObject(OvrRd.hEvent, INFINITE);
        if (Signaled = WAIT_OBJECT_0) then
        begin 
          if GetOverlappedResult(hFile, OvrRd, BytesTrans, True) then
          begin
            if ((MaskRd and EV_RXCHAR) <> 0) then
            begin
              if ClearCommError(hFile, Err, @FStat) then
              begin
                if (FStat.cbInQue <> 0) then
                begin
                  SetLength(BufferRd, FStat.cbInQue);
                  ReadFile(hFile, BufferRd[1], FStat.cbInQue, BytesTrans, @OvrRd);
                  if GetOverlappedResult(hFile, OvrRd, BytesTrans, True) then
                  begin
                    ReadStr := BufferRd + #0;
                    SetLength(ReadStr, BytesTrans);
                    _hi_onEvent(_event_onRead, ReadStr);
                    if Assigned(_event_onSyncRead.Event) then Sender.Synchronize(SyncExecRd); 
                  end;
                end;
              end;  
            end
            else
              if Assigned(_event_onDSR.Event) or
                 Assigned(_event_onCTS.Event) or
                 Assigned(_event_onDCD.Event) or
                 Assigned(_event_onRING.Event) then
                Sender.Synchronize(SyncExecSt);
          end;
        end;        
      end;
      PurgeComm(hFile, PURGE_RXCLEAR);
      Result := 0; 
    end;

procedure THICOMEX.SyncExecRd;
    begin
      _hi_onEvent(_event_onSyncRead, ReadStr);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX.SyncExecSt;
    var
      FModems: DWORD;
    begin
      if GetCommModemStatus(hFile, FModems) then
        if ((MaskRd and EV_DSR) <> 0) then
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onDSR, integer((FModems and MS_DSR_ON) = MS_DSR_ON));
        if ((MaskRd and EV_CTS) <> 0) then
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onCTS, integer((FModems and MS_CTS_ON) = MS_CTS_ON));
        if ((MaskRd and EV_RLSD) <> 0) then
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onDCD, integer((FModems and MS_RLSD_ON) = MS_RLSD_ON));            
        if ((MaskRd and EV_RING) <> 0) then
          _hi_onEvent(_event_onRING, integer((FModems and MS_RING_ON) = MS_RING_ON));
    end;

function THICOMEX.ExecuteWr(Sender: PThread): Integer;
    var
      Sended, Signaled: DWORD;
    begin
      while not Sender.Terminated do
      begin
        SendedWr := 0;
        Signaled := WaitForSingleObject(OvrWr.hEvent, 500);
        if (Signaled = WAIT_OBJECT_0) then
          if GetOverlappedResult(hFile, OvrWr, Sended, True) then
            SendedWr := integer(Sended);
        if Assigned(_event_onSyncWrite.Event) then Sender.Synchronize(SyncExecWr);     
        Sender.Suspend;
      end;
      PurgeComm(hFile, PURGE_TXCLEAR);
      Result := 0;
    end;

procedure THICOMEX.SyncExecWr;
    begin
      _hi_onEvent(_event_onSyncWrite, SendedWr);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doDTR;
    begin
      if ReadBool(_Data) then
        EscapeCommFunction(hFile, SETDTR)
      else
        EscapeCommFunction(hFile, CLRDTR);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doRTS;
    begin
      if ReadBool(_Data) then
        EscapeCommFunction(hFile, SETRTS)
      else
        EscapeCommFunction(hFile, CLRRTS);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doSetComState;
    begin
      if not SetCom(ReadInteger(_Data,_data_BaudRate,_prop_BaudRate),
                    _nm[_prop_Parity + 1],
                    Int2Str(_prop_DataBits + 7)[1],
                    Int2Str(_prop_StopBits + 1)[1],
                    Copy(dtrrts, _prop_DTR * 3 + 1, 3),
                    Copy(dtrrts, _prop_RTS * 3 + 1, 3)) then
        _hi_onEvent(_event_onSetComState, 0)
      else
        _hi_onEvent(_event_onSetComState, 1);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doDataBits;    
    begin
      _prop_DataBits := ToInteger(_Data);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doParity;    
    begin
      _prop_Parity := ToInteger(_Data);
    end;

procedure THICOMEX._work_doStopBits;
    begin
      _prop_StopBits := ToInteger(_Data);
    end;

end.

COMEX.ini

[About]
    Version=1.10
    Author=nesco
    Mail=hiasm@mail.ru

[Type]
    Class=Element
    Info=Асинхронный COM порт
    Tab=Misc

[Property]
    Port=Номер порта|4|0|Com1,Com2,Com3,Com4,Com5,Com6,Com7,Com8,Com9
    BaudRate=BaudRate=Скорость порта|14|13|50,75,110,150,300,600,1200,1800,2000,2400,3600,4800,7200,9600,14400,19200,28800,38400,57600,115200,128000,256000
    @DataBits=Число битов данных|4|0|7,8
    @Parity=Режим проверки ошибок передачи|4|0|None,Odd,Even,Marker,Space
    @StopBits=Число стоповых битов|4|0|1,2
    DTR=Состояние линии DTR по умолчанию|4|0|off,on
    RTS=Состояние линии RTS по умолчанию|4|0|off,on

[Methods]
    doOpen=Открывает порт|1|
    doClose=Закрывает порт|1|
    doWrite=Записывает данные в порт|1|
    *doRXClear=Очищает буфер RX входа|1|
    *doDTR=Устанавливает/сбрасывает сигнал на линии DTR|1|
    *doRTS=Устанавливает/сбрасывает сигнал на линии RTS|1|
    *doSetComState=Переустанавливает параметры порта без его перезапуска. Буферы чтения и записи остаются нетронутыми|1|
    onSyncWrite=В случае успешной записи выдает в синхронном режиме кол-во записанных байт, иначе - 0|2|
    onRead=В случае успешного чтения выдает в асинхронном режиме прочитанную строку байт|2|
    onSyncRead=В случае успешного чтения выдает в синхронном режиме прочитанную строку байт|2|
    *onDSR=Событие происходит при изменении сигнала на линии DSR, выдавая в поток состяние этой линии в синхроннои режиме|2|
    *onCTS=Событие происходит при изменении сигнала на линии CTS, выдавая в поток состяние этой линии в синхроннои режиме|2|
    *onDCD=Событие происходит при изменении сигнала на линии DCD, выдавая в поток состяние этой линии в синхроннои режиме|2|
    *onRING=Событие происходит при изменении сигнала на линии RI, выдавая в поток состяние этой линии в синхроннои режиме|2|
    *onSetComState=Событие происходит после переустановки параметров порта (1 - успешная переустановка, 0 - неуспешная)|2|
    Port=Номер порта (от 1 до N)|4|1
    BaudRate=Скорость порта|4|1

Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:20 PM
  • ser2pl64. sys 3.3.2.102, 3.3.2.105 сбоит после передачи 50-100 кБ
    • Edited by Andrej K_ Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:23 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:22 PM
  • Worked, brilliant, thanks, you are a genius!!!!

phil

Friday, April 11, 2014 11:58 AM
  •       
    #ifndef __UNICODE__
    #define __UNICODE__
    #endif
    #ifndef UNICODE
    #define UNICODE
    #endif
    #ifndef _UNICODE
    #define _UNICODE
    #endif

#include <windows.h>
    #include <stdio.h>

TCHAR * serial_port = L"COM1";

void SetDTR_HIGHprocedure(HANDLE hfile)
             { EscapeCommFunction(hfile,SETDTR);
             } 

void BlinkLED(HANDLE hfile)
    { while (TRUE){
        EscapeCommFunction(hfile,SETRTS);
        sleep(500);
        EscapeCommFunction(hfile,CLRRTS);
        sleep(500);
      }}

int main(int argc,char** argv)
    {
      HANDLE hfile = CreateFile(serial_port ,GENERIC_READ |GENERIC_WRITE ,
                   0,0,OPEN_EXISTING,FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,0);

if (hfile==INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
        {
      //    MessageBox(NULL,TEXT("Serial Port Does not Exist!"),TEXT("LED ON"),NULL);
          exit(0);
         }    
         SetDTR_HIGHprocedure(hfile);
         printf("SET DTR=1\n");
         printf("Blinking RTS\n");
         BlinkLED(hfile);      
         CloseHandle(hfile);
    }

RTS blinking with a DTR , EscapeCommFunction(hfile,SETDTR)  error ;

after transfer 50 kb of data in SiMoCo transfer error rexpected (PL2303XA/HXA)

Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:52 AM
  • #include <windows.h>

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
    LPARAM lParam);

HDC dc;
    HWND button1, button2, button3,button4;

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
    LPSTR lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow) {
    WNDCLASS wc;
    HWND hWnd;
    MSG msg;
    wc.style = CS_HREDRAW|CS_VREDRAW|CS_BYTEALIGNCLIENT;
    wc.lpfnWndProc = WndProc;
    wc.cbClsExtra = 0;
    wc.cbWndExtra = 0;
    wc.hInstance = hInstance;
    wc.hIcon = NULL;
    wc.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL,IDC_ARROW);
    wc.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH) GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH);
    /*(HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW+1);*/
    wc.lpszMenuName = NULL;
    wc.lpszClassName = "ButtonExample";
    RegisterClass(&wc);

hWnd = CreateWindow(wc.lpszClassName,"Switch 1.0",
    WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,100,100,600,90,
    NULL,NULL,hInstance,NULL);

button1 =
    CreateWindow("BUTTON","SET RTS",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON,
    10,10,120,40,hWnd,NULL,hInstance,NULL);
    button2 = CreateWindow("BUTTON","SET DTR",WS_CHILD |WS_VISIBLE|
    BS_PUSHBUTTON,
    140,10,120,40,hWnd,NULL,hInstance,NULL);
    button3 = CreateWindow("BUTTON","ON",WS_CHILD |WS_VISIBLE|
    BS_PUSHBUTTON,
    270,10,120,40,hWnd,NULL,hInstance,NULL);
    button4 = CreateWindow("BUTTON","OFF",WS_CHILD |WS_VISIBLE|
    BS_PUSHBUTTON,
    420,10,120,40,hWnd,NULL,hInstance,NULL);

ShowWindow(hWnd,nCmdShow);
    UpdateWindow(hWnd);
    while (GetMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0))
    {
    TranslateMessage(&msg);
    DispatchMessage(&msg);
    }
    return msg.wParam;
    }

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam,
    LPARAM lParam)
    {
    HANDLE hPort;
    hPort =  CreateFile (TEXT("COM1"), GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL,
    OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL);

switch(uMsg)
    {
    case WM_COMMAND:
    {
    if ((HWND)lParam==button1) {
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, CLRDTR);
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, SETRTS);
    MessageBox(hwnd,"CLR DTR,SET RTS"," ",MB_OK); };
    if ((HWND)lParam==button2) {
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, CLRRTS);
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, SETDTR);
    MessageBox(hwnd,"CLR RTS,SET DTR"," ",MB_OK); }
    if ((HWND)lParam==button3) {
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, SETRTS);
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, SETDTR);
    MessageBox(hwnd,"RTS,DTR ON","",MB_OK); }

if ((HWND)lParam==button4) {
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, CLRRTS);
    EscapeCommFunction (hPort, CLRDTR);
    MessageBox(hwnd,"CTS,DTR off","",MB_OK); }
    return 0;
    }

case WM_DESTROY:
    {
    PostQuitMessage(0);
    break;
    }
    default:
    {
    return DefWindowProc(hwnd,uMsg,wParam,lParam);
    }
    }
    CloseHandle (hPort);

return 0;
    }

Monday, April 28, 2014 4:23 PM
  • Микросхема PL2303XA/HXA  (капля)      может иметь конструктивные недоработки на схемотехническом уровне (на три провода XON/XOFF, 20 кБ рассчитана).

Friday, May 02, 2014 2:57 PM
  • I think this is the simplest way that should make it work. I've tried this both in my Windows 7 and currently in my Windows 8.1.

1. download the driver version 3.3.11.152 in http://www.magicdriver.com/driver158759-ver_3.3.2.102.html ( although this is an old driver version, this works in most versions of Windows OS even the latest Windows 8.1 in my case )

2. Go to device manager, under Ports ( COM & LPT ) right click Prolific USB-to-Serial (COMx) then select Update driver software.

3. Browse for driver software on computer

4. Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer

5. Select Have Disk

6. On the bottom, Select Browse and then select location where you saved the driver for 3.3.11.152, you should be able to find ser2pl.

7. Open, then OK, then Next, then VOILA! it should be working now.

8. Scan hardware changes to verify.

Hopefully that solves it! Cheers!

Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:09 PM
  • The solution Prolific an windows 8.1 pro 100% funcionally

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8zwqx9hJUKfUlN4ekZRcXYwNFk&usp=sharing

By Gustavo Motta

Sunday, August 31, 2014 5:00 PM