none
Sharing HP Deskjet 722c with Window 7 Need .inf file

Question

• I have a older computer with XP on it and an HP DeskJet 722c connected to the LTP port.  I have a new HP computer with Windows 7 64bit but no LTP port.  I set up the printer on the old compter to be shared but when I try to install it on the new computer I get an message "File Needed:  Printer Driver INF for HP Deskjet 722c needed."    I found updated drivers for the HP DeskJet 722c at HP for Windows 7 but I can't get this sharing option to work as it keeps asking for the INF file that I can't seem to find.    I was able to add the printer as a local pritner indicating it is connected to LPT1 even though my computer doesn't have an LPT1 port.

Any suggestions?

Doug

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:48 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Besides above suggestions, I would like to share you the following article to install the driver on Windows 7.

Deskjet 710/720/810/820/100 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, July 12, 2010 1:39 AM
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:56 AM

All replies

• There are no win 7 drivers for that old printer, so it can not find them, you MAY be able to install the Vista drivers using compatibility mode.
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:53 PM
  • Doug have you "browsed" to the Older box from the win 7 box and then highlite and right clicked the printer and select connect??? That works most of the time.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:55 PM
  •  

Hi,

Besides above suggestions, I would like to share you the following article to install the driver on Windows 7.

Deskjet 710/720/810/820/100 Series printers - Patch for 64 bit Vista and Windows 7

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, July 12, 2010 1:39 AM
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:56 AM