none
Compatibility Issues with USB 3.0 and Windows XP Mode

Question

• Hi,
    I recently downloaded Windows XP Mode for my PC, I run Windows 7 Professional, and I was trying to connect a USB Device to the XP Mode, but all the USB Ports in my PC are 3.0 and the device cannot connect to the Windows XP Mode. It says to move it to another USB Port or to restart the Windows XP Mode. Neither of them work and I read that the issue is that there is no functionality for USB 3.0 for Windows XP Mode, and I was wondering if there was a fix and if so how would I go about getting one? Also I have read all the other threads in this website relating to this issue and they don't provide any real solutions.
    Thanks
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:14 PM

Answers

• USB 3.0 is not recognized by XP Mode because there is no driver for it and it is unlikely Microsoft will publish one until USB 3.0 is standardized.  Curently I know of at least two differnt manufacturers of USB 3.0 chips and they each use different drivers.  So, there is no solution at this time for XP Mode to recognize USB 3.0 ports.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:20 PM