Lost Product Key for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007

Question

•  

My 6-month old Dell Dimension just had the motherboard replaced, wiping out all programs and files.  It was restored back to the way it was when it left the factory. 

Now, (of course) after cleaning my office, I cannot find the product key for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.  The computer is asking me for the key and I have 25 uses before I am cut off.

Dell basically told me that I would have to repurchase the program for the key, even though I purchased it with the computer.  Is there anywhere in the computer's registery where the key may be stored?  Or can I call microsoft for it, I believe I registered the product when I first got the computer.

HELP!

Thanks,

Erin

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Erin,

Thank you for the post.

Please understand our Windows Vista TechNet Forum mainly discuss technical issues and the issue you posted is on non-technical part. I suggest contacting our Customer Service for more information.

For your reference, I've included the contact information as below:

Microsoft Customer Service: (800) 426-9400 for direct assistance, available from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time.

Note: Microsoft Customer Service mainly handles issues regarding replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs, product IDs, lost CD keys, product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers, licensing, and product registration.

Now I will mark this thread as “Answered”. If you have Windows Vista technical issues in the future, please feel free to post new threads.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, December 03, 2007 2:22 AM

All replies

• How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:08 PM
  •  

Hi Erin,

Thank you for the post.

Please understand our Windows Vista TechNet Forum mainly discuss technical issues and the issue you posted is on non-technical part. I suggest contacting our Customer Service for more information.

For your reference, I've included the contact information as below:

Microsoft Customer Service: (800) 426-9400 for direct assistance, available from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time.

Note: Microsoft Customer Service mainly handles issues regarding replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs, product IDs, lost CD keys, product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers, licensing, and product registration.

Now I will mark this thread as “Answered”. If you have Windows Vista technical issues in the future, please feel free to post new threads.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, December 03, 2007 2:22 AM

• hello i have the same problem i have windows seven i recently upgraded from vista and i have to lost my procuct key i really need it so i can put my product key into the microsoft office so i can  to do assignments for school do i ring that number to i am from australia so does the number vary??? i would really appreciate it if u replied thank you oh and when i typed my product key when it was in vista i typed it in correctly numerous times and it had exactly 25 letters in it and it said that i had to many letters

thanks anthony mantell
    australia
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:55 AM

• hello i have the same problem i have windows seven i recently upgraded from vista and i have to lost my procuct key i really need it so i can put my product key into the microsoft office so i can  to do assignments for school do i ring that number to i am from australia so does the number vary??? i would really appreciate it if u replied thank you oh and when i typed my product key when it was in vista i typed it in correctly numerous times and it had exactly 25 letters in it and it said that i had to many letters

thanks anthony mantell
    australia

Please repost your inquiry in the Installing, Upgrading, and Activating Microsoft Office Products forum.  Thank you!
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:43 AM