none
WMP 12 not recognizing mp3 files

Question

• I am using WMP 12 on Windows 7 and have run into a problem with the player recognizing .mp3 files. It played about 1/2 way through the playlist and then give me a red error dot beside each .mp3 file and says the player doesn't recognize that file. Any help is appreciated.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 5:08 PM

Answers

• Options are:

1. Reset WMP 12 by going to Control Panel > Programs > Windows Features, untickrestart then go back to features and tick again

or check the file path is correct and make sure any third party programs do not interfere.

Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 6:11 PM

All replies

• Options are:

1. Reset WMP 12 by going to Control Panel > Programs > Windows Features, untickrestart then go back to features and tick again

or check the file path is correct and make sure any third party programs do not interfere.

Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 6:11 PM
  • If you click on a few of those error dots and select Error details, what's the exact error text?

Can other media players like Winamp or VLC play these MP3 files?

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:23 PM
  • Not sure. Am away from that computer at the moment. Let me go back and check, then I will report on the error messages and see if another player can play them. I know that I had them on a flash drive, and the Windows media player on that computer gave me the same error code as the ones saved on the computer. When I tried to play the mp3 files on the flash drive using Windows media player on another computer, they played just fine. I'll report back soon. Thanks for the help.
    me
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:05 PM