none
Windows Vista Cd key

Question

• I currently have windows vista on my machine. If I buy a new PC can I use the same cd key to use it on the new operating system or I have to buy a new OS?

I realize it's a stupid question but still want to give it a try before I go to the store.

Thanks for your time.

Nick

Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:59 PM

Answers

• If you have a "Full Retail Version" of Windows Vista, you can install it on your new computer once you remove Windows Vista from the old computer by reformatting the hard drive it is currently installed on.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, March 21, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

According to your situation, phone activation will be more useful.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:49 AM

All replies

• If you have a "Full Retail Version" of Windows Vista, you can install it on your new computer once you remove Windows Vista from the old computer by reformatting the hard drive it is currently installed on.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, March 21, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

According to your situation, phone activation will be more useful.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:49 AM