none
how do i reset my password on my computer it wont let me login at all

Question

• Hi i need help i have a hp pavilon dv6 and i had to do a update on hp setting and when i restarted my computer it is saying that i need a password and i didnt put one on there now i can t use my laptop at all and the other side of computer is saying HRESULT 0x007ffff please can anybody help
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:53 AM

Answers

• Press F8 on startup, select system repair, system restore and choose a restore point in time just prior to the update causing the problem.
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 12:16 PM

All replies

• You can use DaRT from Microsoft. DaRT is availible from the MDOP package and can be downloaded from either Microsoft Volume Licensing, MSDN Subscriptions or TechNet Subscriptions website. If you don't have any these ageements with Microsoft you use the utility "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" from Ultimate Boot CD.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Maybe your computer has some virus, and it set an unknown password on it. What you need to do is to remove the password. There are a lot of third-party to do this. Like Windows Password Key.
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:21 AM
  • Press F8 on startup, select system repair, system restore and choose a restore point in time just prior to the update causing the problem.
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 12:16 PM

Adding on Nano Warp advise, you might also wanna try accessing through safe mode
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:10 PM
  • hi,

DaRT is my choose. but if wanna go rough than you can use John the Ripper password cracker ;) ;) (although its not a hacking forum, it's great to know that useful tool)

http://www.openwall.com/john/

http://www.openwall.com/passwords/microsoft-windows-nt-2000-xp-2003-vista-7

Regards George www.supportweblog.com
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:46 PM