none
How to run graphics.h programs on windows 7

Question

• Hi

I am an engineering student. I recently purchased a new laptop in which i got windows 7 x64 pre loaded. Problem is graphics.h programs in turbo C compiler doesnot run on windows 7. when tried to run it gives me an error saying "Full Screen mode not supported in this version of windows". I also tried to use Windows xp mode feature of windows 7 but still the same error persists. Please anyone could suggest me what to do???

I even cant install windows xp on my laptop since, no device drivers for this particular laptop are available for windows xp n lower versions of windows.

Plz help me...

Thanks

Nilesh
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:16 PM

Answers

• You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. Or, for all versions, get Dos Box virtual machine; install it and run them from that.

http://www.dosbox.com/

MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, January 22, 2010 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:54 PM
  • hi

using dosbox also ddnt solved my problem so what i did was i downloaded windows 98 n installed it with windows virutal pc

it resolved the issue

thanks for u r help  n time

Regards

Nilesh
    • Marked as answer by fireblade123 Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:10 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Nilesh,

How do you run the program in XP mode? 

Since the graphics.h program is for old Turbo C, it's better to try to run your program in the Dos compatible mode in the XP mode.

As your are a student, you can try the Visual Studio to edit your programs.

I hope this can help you. 

John
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Hi John,

U said sumthing about dos compatibility mode in xp mode. how to do that? Plzz tell

I guess in visual studio graphics.h library is not present. So all my function calls will get modified which I dont want since in our college exam we need to write the same graphics.h library functions. Is there a way so that i would be able to use graphics.h library in visual studio??

Plz help...

Thanks

Nilesh
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:01 PM
  • You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. Or, for all versions, get Dos Box virtual machine; install it and run them from that.

http://www.dosbox.com/

MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, January 22, 2010 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:54 PM
  • It's good idea to use the DosBOX, it can supply a good DOS environment.  I have test it on my 32-bit win7, it works perfectly, you can try it on your machine too.

Good luck!
    John
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:30 AM
  • hi

using dosbox also ddnt solved my problem so what i did was i downloaded windows 98 n installed it with windows virutal pc

it resolved the issue

thanks for u r help  n time

Regards

Nilesh
    • Marked as answer by fireblade123 Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:10 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:10 AM
  • try this link..it gives detailed instructions on working on TC in win 7...thanks cdobbshttp://blog.bestsoftware4download.com/2010/02/how-to-install-turbo-c-on-windows-7-64bit/
    Friday, April 30, 2010 7:21 PM