none
Desktop won't wake up from sleep.

Question

• OS=MS W7 HP 64bit SP1. Motherboard=ASUSTik Model M4A78LT-M-LE. BIOS=AmericanMegatrendsInc version 0402 -- Desktop.

When put to sleep the only wake-up process is to switch off completely and start again. I'm told the remedy is to reset settings in BIOS but I don't know how to do this or what to do.

I've read other posts but nothing has ever been tried on my computer to remedy this fault.

Any [polite] step by step instructions ?

Monday, June 13, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

• Go to start. Right click Computer. Click Manage. Click on Device Manager. Double Click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.  A list with come down, you will see USB Root Hub in the list.  Right click the first USB Root Hub in the list.  Go to Properties.  Power Management Tab.  Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  Click OK. Do this for the second USB Root Hub. Now you will be able to use your mouse and keyboard when your computer goes into sleep mode.  This worked for me!  

Or you can also just disable sleep mode completely.

Adrienne S

Tech Support

Motivators Promotional Products

• Proposed as answer by AdrienneS Monday, June 13, 2011 4:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by shmendrik Monday, June 13, 2011 8:53 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 4:31 PM

All replies

• Go to start. Right click Computer. Click Manage. Click on Device Manager. Double Click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.  A list with come down, you will see USB Root Hub in the list.  Right click the first USB Root Hub in the list.  Go to Properties.  Power Management Tab.  Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  Click OK. Do this for the second USB Root Hub. Now you will be able to use your mouse and keyboard when your computer goes into sleep mode.  This worked for me!  

Or you can also just disable sleep mode completely.

Adrienne S

Tech Support

Motivators Promotional Products

• Proposed as answer by AdrienneS Monday, June 13, 2011 4:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by shmendrik Monday, June 13, 2011 8:53 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hullo Adrienne S

Thank you so much for supplying the solution to my "Sleep" problem. It works perfectly now.

Monday, June 13, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Hullo Adrienne S

tried all the steps with windows 7 64 bit does not work the turn off monitor feature stopped working after this step tried system restore as it happened last night no good help me out also tried to reinstall the video card it went to no boot i did 2 weeks back for virus infection and dont not want do it
    Monday, June 20, 2011 2:52 AM
  • Hullo Adrienne S

tried all the steps with windows 7 64 bit does not work the turn off monitor feature stopped working after this step tried system restore as it happened last night no good help me out also tried to reinstall the video card it went to no boot i did 2 weeks back for virus infection and dont not want do it
    Monday, June 20, 2011 2:57 AM
  • This solution was supplied to me by Adrienne S.

It solved MY problem.

I suggest you submit YOUR problem as a New Thread as I, unfortunately, cannot help you.

Good luck

Monday, June 20, 2011 4:57 AM