none
Install HID Non-User Input Data Filter from Microsoft Update Catalog

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please plug in a wireless receiver, then visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/, it will lauch "Windows Update" on your computer, then choose "check for update", it will detect this update, then install it.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Monday, April 14, 2008 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on a laptop. Since installing SP1 Vista displays fully up to date and will not recognise HID update as requiring to be installed. Downloaded HID update via MS Update - CAB file with no apparent means of installation. Tried extracting files, right-clicking on inf and selecting install to no avail - ERROR - file does not support this type of install.

Desktop PC pre SP1 - HID installed automatically via MS update. Go figure!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm done banging my head against the wall on this one!

Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:27 PM
  • I have this problem. Has anyone solved it? Please tell me. Thank you.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:52 PM
  •  

This doesn't work on all systems with Vista. You don't get the update or the choice for other hardware updates. MICROSOFT NEEDS TO HAVE A BETTER WAY TO ADDRESS THESE SORT OF PROBLEMS IN ORDER TO STAY AHEAD OF MAC. They should put out an EXE. file, or better info on a fix.  Install HID Non-User Input Data Filter from Microsoft Update Catalog is not good enough help for me. I did it, I went to Dell, and 6 hrs. of help screens and other URL's all with the same garb.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:36 PM
  • I have the same issue.  New Laptop with Vista Home 64 on it.  It finds the HID update and says it is reccomended but it FAILS when it tries to install it. 

SO what do we do?  This is 1 week old and I am having issues?

Microsoft - Other hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Installation date: ‎10/‎7/‎2008 7:39 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070103

Update type: Recommended

Microsoft Other hardware software update released in January, 2007

More information:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031769

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:27 AM
  • I am having the same problem. But get this....it causes one of my SATA drives to disappear. I see the update for it in Windows Update but it fails every time it tries to install. Even tried updating the driver and it fails also. However I was able to download and save the update files. So....what directory is this Cab file suppose to in???? Windows/System32??

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:16 PM
  • I am also having a problem getting this update.  I did install it in May 08 but did a roll back and it no longer shows as an optional update.  The other optional updates also installed at same time do show as options again, but not this one.  I need it badly as my wireless mouse interferes with my screen saver and power management.  Any help would be appreciated!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 4:59 PM
  • I could use your help.  When I go to the Catalog it doesn't give me the option of downloading.  I get things like "Add to Basket" which then removes it from the screen.  Can you help.

thanks

Sunday, November 09, 2008 5:29 PM
  • I had the same issue. Windows update would not find the HID Non-user input
    data filter update. I went to Device manager and manually updated the Human Interface Devices drivers and that worked. On my system I had a HID - Compliant Consumers Control Device with an MS driver from 6/21/06 v 6.0.6000.16386. I updated the driver selecting the download from the internet option and it changed the name of the driver to "HID Non-User Input Data Filters" with an MS Driver from 1/9/07 v 1.0.0.0.

I hope this works for you.
    • Proposed as answer by ab9000 Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:06 PM
    Monday, November 10, 2008 5:30 PM
  • ok,
    Everything was working fine for me until few days ago, i believe the HID non user input update screwed it.

Now i have a wireless notebook laser 6000 mouse from microsoft that won't work with microsoft windows because it fails to install HID input drivers.

I try restart / uninstall reinstall intellipoint / removing wdf1000.dll to get the update from HID / updating HID filters / reinstall intellipoint .... and...  still no mouse.

Can anyone help please

it seems i am not the only one in that case
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:24 PM
  • I am running Vista Ultimate and all of my updates are current except toe one for the update HID Non-User Input Data Filter, which shows as Important. However, the automatic update system have failed to install it at least twice and I have tried manually to install it, again without success. How important is this and how can I install it?

Frank
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:53 PM
  • Thanks a lot Microsoft... My damn phone is faster and more reliable than this brand new ____ of ____ computer! That's becuase my phone is an iphone. I've spent the last 24hours trying to get this damn thing installed and I'm pissed that you guys haven't addressed this issue!
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:45 PM
  • I had the same issue. Windows update would not find the HID Non-user input
    data filter update. I went to Device manager and manually updated the Human Interface Devices drivers and that worked. On my system I had a HID - Compliant Consumers Control Device with an MS driver from 6/21/06 v 6.0.6000.16386. I updated the driver selecting the download from the internet option and it changed the name of the driver to "HID Non-User Input Data Filters" with an MS Driver from 1/9/07 v 1.0.0.0.

I hope this works for you.

This worked perfect for me.  Thank you for the detailed instructions too!
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:07 PM
  • Hi,

I have Vista 64x version and have tried to run the update of the HID drivers through the net as suggested but it does not update. It just says that the driver is up to date which is the 6/21/06 one and does not update to the 1/9/07 one. I have now downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx the fix HID Non-User Input Data Filter which is a cab file and dont know what to do next. can anybody help?

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by oskhid Friday, October 16, 2009 1:41 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 2:13 AM
  • it showed me the same update, just wanted to see what the update was for, this was the only thread that answered that, my wireless Microsoft keyboard works fine and it fail on driver install, only problem it has is keys sticking,
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 12:52 AM