none
Nero burning rom problem with Vista to 7 upgrade.

Question

• When trying to upgrade I cannot get past the initial compatabilty test with 7 saying I must unistall Nero burning rom. Theer is no uninstall for this and I have removed all entries from the register but 7 upgrade is still reporting this problem. Any ideas?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
       I also had the same problem. but after cleaning the registry, it solved my problem. Try deleting all the files in the installed location. Make sure, Uninstall key is deleted from the Registry. For this check in this location..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Hope this solves ur problem..
    Thanks & Regards Roopesh Reddy
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:53 PM
  • When trying to upgrade I cannot get past the initial compatabilty test with 7 saying I must unistall Nero burning rom. Theer is no uninstall for this and I have removed all entries from the register but 7 upgrade is still reporting this problem. Any ideas?

One thing to try: they have a cleanup tool.

http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html#tab4

If all else fails, do a custom (clean) install. It'll be more work, but you won't have to worry about junk remaining from Vista.
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 5:18 PM
  • Thanks for help. It took three goes with the cleanup tool to clear the problem!
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:20 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:35 PM
  • so this clean up did not work it asks for the install folder of where it nero is located. but there is nothing there..... what if someone deleted the file before hand?

Monday, November 02, 2009 11:38 PM
  • Hi,
      If the folder is already deleted, delete all the Nero Registry entries from the below location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

OR

use the CCleaner application to remove the registry entries. You can download the application from the below website

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Hope this helps..
    Thanks & Regards Roopesh Reddy
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:34 PM