none
unable to delete object in redirected Folders (Desktop) + Windows 7 + roaming Profiles

Question

• Hi all,

for some reason a number of Windows 7 users are not allowed to delete files or folders from their own Desktop. All Desktops are redirected to home drives. In one case a user is able to delete same folder over H:\desktop but not directly over his Desktop.

The ntfs permissions are right otherwise they are not able to delete the objects over their home drive.

Is there any known problem with folder redirection and roaming profiles by Windows 7?

Regards,

Soheil

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please provide the detailed information about the issue? For exmaple, 1. How does the user delete the folder that he actually does not have delete right? 2. What kind of security settings are on the folders? 3. What inheritance settings are set on the folder?

Based on my understanding, if an user does not have delete right, he should not be able to delete the object.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please provide the detailed information about the issue? For exmaple, 1. How does the user delete the folder that he actually does not have delete right? 2. What kind of security settings are on the folders? 3. What inheritance settings are set on the folder?

Based on my understanding, if an user does not have delete right, he should not be able to delete the object.

Juke Chou
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Juke Chou

Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Hi,

How's going with the issue?

Juke Chou

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:30 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Juke Chou

Juke Chou

Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Hi Juke,

sorry for the late answer. The problem has to do with missing delete permission on $Recycle.Bin.
    When I look on the properties of Recycle bin there is no permission tab! But I can see C Drive, Desktop, My Pictures and My Videos.
    Desktop is on of the redirected Folders in this case. I'll delete all of Folders listed in properties Windows of Recycle bin which are redirected, logg off and logg on the user again. This should solve my Problem!

Regards,

Soheil

Monday, March 26, 2012 2:07 PM