none
Windows backup Error Code: 0x8007007B

Question

• I upgraded to windows 7 home premium about 3 days ago and been trying to back up my files using back up and restore but it never get completed with error ox8007007b. I've tried everything thats been suggested in microsoft anwers forum but still could not resolve the issue
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Backup error 0x8007007B: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”.

Please go to service and check Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup service are started and set to automatic.

And it’s a possible that  the file name or volume label has special characters. System does not accept some special characters like “<>?/;=-”, please correct it.

If the issue persists, I suggest login with Clean Boot, also you can create another user account to login and check if the same issue occurs.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:29 AM