none
Blue screen in 5600 - Locale ID: 1033

Question

• Anyone else experiencing this? It appears to happen when there is no activity. Almost as if the system was in sleep mode?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.5600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 9f

BCP1: 0000000000000003

BCP2: FFFFFA800138C060

BCP3: FFFFFA800329D050

BCP4: FFFFFA8001B7E6A0

OS Version: 6_0_5600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini091006-02.dmp

C:\Users\DadFxJ\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-7426812-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\DadFxJ\AppData\Local\Temp\WER95F1.tmp.version.txt

Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:36 PM

All replies

• I'm getting the same exact message.

Here is my scenario.

I am running Vista on a Mac Pro.

Every time I shutdfown or restart I will get a Blue Screen of Death with some "dump" info.

After I restart I will get a window telling me that Windows has recovered from a problem.

When I get details about the situation I am presented with the same "explanation" you have posted

• Proposed as answer by naha Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:36 AM
  • I have the same problem after I installed vista rs1 have not found a fix. The only thing I can do is delete the video drivers to get windows to start. Not a solution If anyone can help please post.
    Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:10 AM
  • is the same for me :(
    Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:24 PM
  • I have the exact same problem,anyone knows the answer? Has it anything to do with the video card?
    Saturday, October 28, 2006 11:44 AM
  • I had a similar experience on my new system. Although the BSOD ID was different I think it may be similar.
    Here's a couple of things to try.
    See of there's an ACPI Setting in the BIOS that isn't on or not set properly.
    Disable the onboard audio if one exists OR disable the two Windows Audio Services(Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder)

My system would crash if I set the screen saver to the photo selection or if I started a photo slide show within the Media Viewer.

I corrected my issue by turning on the ACPI 2.0 in the BIOS as it was disabled on mine by default. There were two options for my BIOS, ACPI and ACPI 2.0. ACPI(non 2.0) was on by default but not the 2.0

Hope that helps

Gary
    Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:21 PM
  • I have the same problem when I install 4gb of ram with the vista 32 bit, with vista x64 is perfect

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:44 AM
  • I guess I am not the only one experiencing the issues with Vista. Thank goodness I felt like I was being persecuted. I purchased a Dell 1501 Laptop that they pushed Vista Business on the system information is:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
    Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
    Other OS Description  Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Inspiron 1501
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 2.4.1, 5/30/2006
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"
    User Name #####\######

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 1,917.44 MB
    Available Physical Memory 928.18 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.76 GB
    Page File Space 2.17 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Ever since I have had this system it has had issues with BSOD at different times the latest was this morning. I have been trying (key word is trying) to work with Dell Support but that has been an exercise in futility. This is the latest error I have received:

Problem signature:

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6

BCCode: 9f

BCP1: 00000003

BCP2: 87DD1700

BCP3: 87DD1700

BCP4: 87D3B4A8

OS Version: 6_0_6000

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini120907-01.dmp

C:\Users\###\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-237968-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\###i\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1067.tmp.version.txt

I will check the BIOS as you have suggested but baring that has anyone else had success with getting this blasted OS to work correctly. I have had more errors than this (see below) and am about to reformat and install XP PRO before the laptop winds up in my lake.

Thanks 

RLO-Tech

=========================================================

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6

Locale ID:                                             1033

BCCode:                                               1000008e

BCP1:                                                    C0000005

BCP2:                                                    825E8760

BCP3:                                                    8391FAE8

BCP4:                                                    00000000

OS Version:                                          6_0_6000

Service Pack:                                       0_0

Product:                                               256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini112507-01.dmp

C:\Users\###\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-2153625-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\###\AppData\Local\Temp\WER74D1.tmp.version.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------

- System
      - Provider [ Name]  Microsoft Office 12 Sessions
      - EventID 7003
       [ Qualifiers]  0
       Level 3 Task 0
       Keywords 0x80000000000000
      - TimeCreated  [ SystemTime]  2007-11-23T14:33:42.000Z
       EventRecordID 1461
       Channel O
       Session  Computer #########
        Security
     - EventData  6
       Microsoft Office Outlook
    ------------------------------------

- System
      - Provider
       [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
       [ Guid] {1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}
       [ EventSourceName] DCOM
      - EventID 10010
       [ Qualifiers]  49152
       Version 0
       Level 2
       Task 0
       Opcode 0
       Keywords 0x80000000000000
      - TimeCreated
       [ SystemTime]  2007-11-23T13:30:23.000Z
       EventRecordID 74372
       Correlation
      - Execution
       [ ProcessID]  0
       [ ThreadID]  0
       Channel System
       Computer ########
         Security
    - EventData 
      param1 {C7E39D60-7A9F-42BF-ABB1-03DC0FA4F493}

Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:57 PM
  • I've been getting the Locale 1033 blue screen on COLD BOOT only for a while now.  The actual blue screen is the IRQ less or equal error with no other useful details.  I also have got another BSOD which I cant recall the error msg for but also only on Cold boot.

This has been happening through about 3 revisions each of every driver in my system and 2 different versions of the BIOS.  So far no luck in fixing it.  My 2nd PC has never had this issue and is running the same version of Vista but has different hardware.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:30 PM
  • I have the same problem with crashes.  I am also running a slideshow on gadget sidebar.  I'll disable it and see what happens.  Thanks for the info.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:37 AM
  • I have been experiencing the same blue screen with the same message.  Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on?  I'm running Vista and had no problems with Windows XP.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:19 AM
  • I solved my blue screen problem!  I was running Norton 2007 Internet Security software -- I upgraded to Norton 2008 and the problem stopped.  The whole problem was in the anti-virus software, for me, anyway.  I have not had a blue screen crash since I upgraded the Norton package (2 months).

I think some anti-virus software does not work well with Vista -- I think Norton is trying to take care of the problem -- I don't know about other mfgrs -- Norton tech would not verify it, but after the 2008 install, I had a couple of small problems which I communicated with Norton tech and within a few days, everything was working ok. 

I thought of the virus software being the culprit because at work, we did have network problems with some virus mfgr updates -- it would really wreak havoc.

mssaint.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:17 PM
  •  

Ive had the same problem and I did a memory diagnostic test and it said "your computer has a memory problem" any helps??
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:05 PM
  •  

i have the same problem with my pc, i kind of now about this stuff and i think it is because of the audio card (i have a 5.1 blaster) see when i remove it blue screen never comes any more when i put it back it comes. I think we need a driver to solve this problem.
    Thursday, May 08, 2008 5:54 PM
  • Hi,

The error message that you posted is the same exact message that I have been receiving for the last 3 months. I just purchased a Dell 1501 in December and I have Vista. Do you think that it would be wise for me to remove Vista and install XP? I've been having some problems with Vista in general. Its not compatible with the newest version of Windows Media. I'm not computer literate so I would like to know if you or anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:53 AM
  •  

Hi

I am facing same blue screen error issue on Microsoft Vista,

OS Version: 6_0_6001.

It happens while doing normal operation on vista platform.

Let me know if there is any solution for it.

REgards

Amol.

Friday, May 23, 2008 12:42 PM
  •  

I had the same problem.  Computer would crash in normal mode; over and over. Had to restart in Safe mode. Our tech person said it could have been caused by a download attempt that had not been successful the day before. He suggested that I go to Maintenance, Backup and Restore and select a date that was a couple of days before the attempted download.   Took a bit of time because Anti-Virus software reinstalled some files, but things seem to be working so far! Vista has a mind of its own.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:19 PM
  • Hi, I should have clarified in the message above that it was a system restore.  Thanks, Sharowe

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:28 PM
  • I agree. I had no problems with vista untill I tried a new anti virus (Avast) and wham. Problems..... Too bad I did'nt get a chance to uninstall it before it crashed. Unable to get back to Vista32. Will reinstall and see what happpens.

Friday, August 01, 2008 12:05 AM
  • I just had the same issue. it has only happened a couple of times.....if any one can come up w/ a solution it would be appreciated.

Saturday, August 09, 2008 12:57 PM
  • I Had The Same Problem, But i found out that it was the usb modem linksys. Each time i surf the net with alot of images it would restart, but then i changed it to ehternet cable and never did happened again.i don't know if this would help.
    Friday, October 17, 2008 4:32 PM
  • I bought an Alienware used. It's in great condition, but all the drivers weren't installed even though I used the recovery disc. I've been updating like crazy, but every time I do, I get the BSOD. I'm wondering if I can install XP and still utilize the same drivers or update drivers and the system become more stable.
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 8:11 AM
  • Hello,

I do have the same problem, but only when i am playing games like FSX. During this game the screen freezes and am hearing a terrible noise form the speakers. Later, when the system has recovered the error code 1033 appears.

I do have a NVIDIA GF7600GS, 3 Ghz processor, 3 Gb RAM and Windows 7 Build 7227.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Wim.

Friday, August 14, 2009 10:59 AM
  • this is a c++ error and has to do with a the onboard video dell uses can be fixed with a deseant video card suxs but updating the drivers does not help

Friday, September 04, 2009 2:13 AM
  • I've had problems for over a year with all types of Vista always pointing to video drivers. I have had to do system restores, delete video drivers and re-install just to be able to start. I changed the appearance from Vista/Vista Aero to Windows Classic just for a change and I no longer have problems with BSOD, video drivers corrupting, system freeze ups, etc. I'm not MS trained, certified or anything else. I have had problems up until now. You may want to try this, or not.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:19 PM
  • im getting the same message
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:25 PM

• I have the same message with all you you guys.
    I have a nvidia video card
    a creative 5.1
    an audio onboard card
    avast antivirus
    4gb ram memory
    so one of all this must be the cause us you say.
    But im thinking of another reason!
    Are you guys have all ms certified windows copy? and doing updates???
    because i think that the only problem is this!!!
    Sunday, December 06, 2009 8:10 PM
  • Hi, i Had the same problem (kind of) but I fixed it by downloading(buying) System Mechanic. I'm not Spamming or anything, look it up (it really works) when you download it just press "Analyze" (quick or deep) and it'll find the problem and fix it. plus it'll defrag your PC, free up space, optimize internet speed and will keep you informed of your PC's shape, hope this helped
    Saturday, February 06, 2010 6:36 AM
  • Thank you, but some of us were already dumb enough to buy stuff like that on our own. Some of us were dumb enough to waste our money TWICE! (I don't want to mention any names---but their initials were Zuhl3156). It frees up space by deleting just about everything in its path, including most of my shortcuts and programs like 'snipping tool'. It doesn't fix anything, it deletes it. Some people got smart, gave up on Vista and found Windows 7.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:30 PM
  • This is my problem exactly.  Been dealing with it for over a year now.  In order to avoid the crash I have to boot the machine, log in a user and restart.  This was happening when using Vista x64 and persists in 7 Home Premium.  I have flashed the bios,  bought a new sound card (instead of using the on board), replaced the RAM and spent countless hours trying to decipher the Event Viewer.

jtzako, if you have found a solution, please let me know.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:13 PM
  • Dragnol, jtzako hasn't been active in over a year. This is a very old thread in a Vista Forum, you may have a better response if you re-submit the question in the Windows 7 Forum. I've had relatively few problems with 7, and the problems I did have were due to the GUI in my Lexmark printer driver.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:29 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  I saw it was old but figured I would give it a shot.  Enabled the ACPI 2.0 in the BIOS so if that doesnt fix it then I will post that new thread.  Thanks again.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 7:46 AM
  • Started having this problem soon after installing ZoneAlarm and AVG Anti-virus.

Should be mentioned that I also recently upgraded to 4gb of ram, but did not notice the BSOD at all until I installed the aforementioned programs.

The ZoneAlarm in particular seems to be a bit nasty, and brought up a command prompt after I uninstalled it; not sure what it was trying to do. I used to have ZoneAlarm when it was made by a company called Sygate, and it was a really good program. However it is now being distributed by a different company which is apparently way crappier.

Problem seemed to occur when switching users or shutting down.

Also noticed that my "Vista problems" seem to line up rather nicely with the Windows 7 release. Coincidence?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:21 PM
  • i got the same thing how can i fix this?

Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:50 PM
  • Blue screen of death can be traced to either software (low problematic) or hardware (common problem) 1033 is hardware specific to PCI slots. I got this message to, it was a bad gigabit eathernet card.
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:53 PM
  • I am running on a Dell Dimension E340.  Been running XP for 2+ years with no problem.  Installed Windows 7 Pro 3 or 4 days ago and the computer has BlueScreen'd several times a day since then.

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
      Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 7a
      BCP1: C040F678
      BCP2: C000000E
      BCP3: 19EBCBE0
      BCP4: 81ECF000
      OS Version: 6_1_7600
      Service Pack: 0_0
      Product: 256_1

Every time the Locale ID and BCCode are the same.  other info is similar.  My sysptoms are very similar to what describe earlier - if I leave the machine idle for a while when I come back it will typically ignore keyboard and mouse input even though i can control the position of the Mouse.

Friday, September 24, 2010 7:55 PM
  • I have been having this problem so long I don't remember when it started.  I have a Dell 1530 running Vista 64 with 8 GB memory.  Each time the problem report is a little different.  Last time is below.  I tried everything I could think of: Reinstalled Vista 64 after reformatting HD, replaced HD, replaced memory, upgraded to Windows 7.  Still getting it.  My wife has a Dell running Windows 7 and my daughter an HP running Vista and neither have had any problems.  All general utilities, such as security, file transfer, backup etc the same for all three laptops.  Plus I have two desktops, one running Vista 32 and the other Windows 7 and they do not have problems, also running same utility software. 

Problem occurs when Explorer is and isn't running, when A/V is and isn't running, with Microsoft Security Essentials and purchased A/V software, when Outlook running and when not. 

My current suspicion is that it is a problem with the laptop not being able to keep the processor cool enough.  I am waiting for a laptop cooling fan to be delivered to test that hypothesis.  Unfortunately, if that is the problem there could already be permanent problems due to over heating. 

Problem signature:

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: 3b

BCP1: 00000000C0000005

BCP2: 0000000000000020

BCP3: FFFFF88009762230

BCP4: 0000000000000000

Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:22 PM
  • Several people above have stated that re-installing software, etc. fixed their problem, so their problem with the same symptoms was different from mine.  At first the error indicated particular software and re-installing seemed to provide short term help.  Then, as I stated above, the problem gradually got worse and worse with errors pointing to a HD problem, Memory errors, etc. 

After replacing all that stuff, the last solution I tried, which was also the cheapest at $24.00, seems to have fixed the problem.  I have been running for almost 3 weeks with no blue screens after buying a combo laptop stand/fan (thermaltake was the brand I chose because of the fan size, but I'll be almost any would work).

Up until using the external fan I couldn't go for more than 18 hours without a blue screen.  I think I noticed that quite a few of the systems having this problem were Dells.  Makes me wonder if either they undersized the fan in some units.  My laptop was purchased in 2008.   But, the laptop ran fine for over a year, so my problem was probably initiated by some combination of events such as required upgrades. 

TexasJ
    Monday, November 07, 2011 9:12 PM
  • I just recently came accross this problem.
    I SOLVED IT, i have about 21 laptops, and rcently got another E1505 for parts, i fixed two laptops of mine with it, only to notice that the os system of what ever, xp,vista, windows 7 would crash. on this one laptop i just fixed.

appearntly the harddrive was the cause of the whole issue. it can't take certain types of things installed on it, LIKE combat arms the online video game, once i installed that it refused to turn on until i went into safe mode and uninstalled it. so i installed other video games, cod, warhammer, steam, etc. it crashed everytime. i can install photo editor or photoshop or anything else. but will not work for video games, refuses to let me install any of that stuff. i can watch videos and play flash player games on facebook and such, but not install on the harddrive.

i tested a new harddrive on it and it let me install games, the one i have in it won't, so basically i found the perfect email laptop for my dad since his desktop is too old to work anymore.

hope this helps anyone that reads it!
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:45 AM
  • My system is a Lenovo 64Bit AMD processor running windows 7.No One is at the system and it appears that the system was basically idle. About one hour earlier I had started a antivirus (AVG) and it never completed.

Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1033
      BCCode:    d1
      BCP1:    0000000005DAEB3E
      BCP2:    0000000000000002
      BCP3:    0000000000000000
      BCP4:    FFFFF88001873F31
      OS Version:    6_1_7601
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:    768_1