none
Product key for Windows 7 from Accademic Alliance?

Question

• Hi

I am a student and have downloaded and installed Windows 7 through Accademic Alliance.

I burned an ISO-file on a DVD.

But now I am getting a message that I need to activate a product key within 2 days!

When I downloaded and installed Windows 7 through Accademic Alliance I never noticed anything about a product key!

Did I miss something?

What shall I do?

rune007
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Based on an internet search, the Academic Alliance is on another Microsoft website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/default

You will have to go there to find out more about your situation.  This is a peer-to-peer forum on Technet and does not have anything to do with the Academic Alliance.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

Once you are logged on the Accademic Alliance, after the request to download Windows 7 you can go on the your downloaded product section to get the key.

Windows by itself doesn't ask for the product key that's why now it is saying that you need to activate. Get the key from your download history then activate Windows .

If you have issues to get that key, contact your school information system.

regards,

Revue du Geek | Déployer Windows 7 | Améliorer les performances de Windows 7
    • Marked as answer by rune007 Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:03 PM
    Friday, December 31, 2010 3:12 AM
  • Merci Baucoup Monsieur Plavonil

Yes I was able to retrieve the W7 product key from the Accademic Alliance web site, I should have studied my invoice more carefully!

I have tried to set your response as the answer, but this webpage reported an error back to me ("Unexpected Error"), so I don't know if your response has been marked as the answer?

rune007
    Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:09 PM