none
Samsung i760 drivers for Windows 7

Question

• Say can any one please give a sugestion?

Here is the question:

I have install the drivers for (Samsung i760) but I think, that they are only for XP, Vista, I get not massage from computer as to if drivers are OK or not (they show in "Divice Manager" I open Windows Mobile Center and my phone said is not conected.

Any sugestions as to how to?

Please and Thanks

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:16 AM

Answers

• Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and the whole driverstore are reprogrammed; some third-party manufacturers do not publish the latest driver for this new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:48 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:28 AM
  • This is an older thread but figured I'd post my solution with this issue as Windows 7 Retail is out now....

Took some doing but you need to download the Drivers for the i760 from your provider......In my case VERIZON. Or you can get them from Samsung:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=SCH-I760

Extract the driver software to a folder.........then run it.....It says it will install the Drivers but keep the folder handy. Not sure if this really does anything but I run the step any way.

The key here is that when you connect your phone via USB in a cradle or cable...... Win 7 will attempt to locate drivers.....let's just save you some time...it won't.

Also make sure you have WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE CENTER 6.1 installed (as well as your broadband connect software like VERIZON ACCESS MANAGER).

Go into DEVICE MANAGER (right Click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager)

You will need to look probably in 2 locations........USB Devices & Other Devices
    You should see SAMSUNG USB COMPOSITE DEVICE in USB Devices......Right Click on the device and select UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE.....BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE --> Browse to the Folder of the extracted Driver Software from above

There will also be 2 unknown devices that are related to the i760...
    Do the same as above and right click on the Unknown Devices --> Update Driver Software --> Browse My Computer for Driver Software --> Point to Folder with Samsung Driver Software

The 2 Devices that should be installed are : Samsung Mobile Modem in MODEMS & Samsung Mobile Modem Diagnostic Port (WDM) (COM3) in PORTS

I hope they release updated native Win7 32/64-bit drivers but the Vista drivers are working fine on my Win7 32-bit & 64-bit machines and my i760 is syncing and connecting to mobile Broadband on Verizon with no issues.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:14 AM
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:42 PM

Here is the question:

I have install the drivers for (Samsung i760) but I think, that they are only for XP, Vista, I get not massage from computer as to if drivers are OK or not (they show in "Divice Manager" I open Windows Mobile Center and my phone said is not conected.

Please and Thanks

Just in case this hasn't been solved.  Just uninstall and reinstall Windows Mobile Device Center.  Do a hard reset (use red button on keyboard) plug in, enjoy.

paul

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 9:35 PM

All replies

• Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and the whole driverstore are reprogrammed; some third-party manufacturers do not publish the latest driver for this new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:48 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:28 AM
  • hey I got it working!

Thanks
    Friday, February 13, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Can you please share how you got it to work?  I'm having the same issue.  Thanks,
    Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:15 PM
  • I was able to sync with the Win7 Beta, 64 bit release of Windows 7, but I'm having driver problems with Windows 7, Build 7100, RC1.

I attempted to load the Vista drivers by marking the install EXE for Vista SP2 compatibility.

Any help would be appreciated.  I may need to drop back to the beta for now (two separate boot disks...).

-Paul
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:21 AM
  • So has anyone managed to get the I760 to sync with Windows 7 RC1, Build 7100 yet?  I am stumped too.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:47 PM
  • This is an older thread but figured I'd post my solution with this issue as Windows 7 Retail is out now....

Took some doing but you need to download the Drivers for the i760 from your provider......In my case VERIZON. Or you can get them from Samsung:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=SCH-I760

Extract the driver software to a folder.........then run it.....It says it will install the Drivers but keep the folder handy. Not sure if this really does anything but I run the step any way.

The key here is that when you connect your phone via USB in a cradle or cable...... Win 7 will attempt to locate drivers.....let's just save you some time...it won't.

Also make sure you have WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE CENTER 6.1 installed (as well as your broadband connect software like VERIZON ACCESS MANAGER).

Go into DEVICE MANAGER (right Click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager)

You will need to look probably in 2 locations........USB Devices & Other Devices
    You should see SAMSUNG USB COMPOSITE DEVICE in USB Devices......Right Click on the device and select UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE.....BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE --> Browse to the Folder of the extracted Driver Software from above

There will also be 2 unknown devices that are related to the i760...
    Do the same as above and right click on the Unknown Devices --> Update Driver Software --> Browse My Computer for Driver Software --> Point to Folder with Samsung Driver Software

The 2 Devices that should be installed are : Samsung Mobile Modem in MODEMS & Samsung Mobile Modem Diagnostic Port (WDM) (COM3) in PORTS

I hope they release updated native Win7 32/64-bit drivers but the Vista drivers are working fine on my Win7 32-bit & 64-bit machines and my i760 is syncing and connecting to mobile Broadband on Verizon with no issues.

Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:42 PM

Here is the question:

Please and Thanks

Just in case this hasn't been solved.  Just uninstall and reinstall Windows Mobile Device Center.  Do a hard reset (use red button on keyboard) plug in, enjoy.

paul

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 9:35 PM