none
alt+F10??

Question

• Hi,

i read somewhere that by pressing ALT_F10 at boot you are taken to a boot menu where you are presented a line like this

/NOEXECUTE=OPTION/MININT

however, i press the keys at boot on my computer and i get nothing. Does it vary depending on the manufacturer or something? mine is an alienware desktop.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a third-party device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a BSOD because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:35 AM

All replies

• If you had a virus and can't boot now, review this thread posted. It runs a repair mode. Is that your issue?

It's not a situation you want to find or need to use if the computer is working fine.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/how-do-i-fix-the-noexecuteoption-minint-i-dont/067c77c9-5061-4a54-b7ed-96ce8ecb0f78

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:14 PM
  • Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:37 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I dont know if it was caused by a virus by the thing is windows wont boot. I get a BSOD every time i attempt to start windows right at the windows logo (right before the little flashes come together and become the windows logo). In safe mode i get the BSOD when the system is trying to load classpnp.sys. I read some guys fixed this problem by deleting the line i mentioned above, the problem is i cant get to that screen on my computer because nothing happens when i press alt+F10 so my question is if there is another way to get to that screen.

Friday, August 19, 2011 2:45 AM
  • Download and burn this rescue cd on abnother computer and then boot to it on the problem computer. Iy will scan an eliminate malware.

http://www.avira.com/en/support-download-avira-antivir-rescue-system

Use Carey's suggestions by booting to the installation disk and selecting a repair option.

Does F8 give you the repair option menu. Select startup repair first. 

Perhaps just F10. Read the references completely.

Friday, August 19, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

thank you but i already did that and it didnt work, avira didnt find anything so i did it with karspersky rescue disk and it did find some trojans so i had it remove them. Then after that is when the computer started to show the blue screen because before that it didnt start windows normally but it took me directly to the start up repair screen. This is what i have tried so far:

1. startup repair without disk

2. startup repair with disk

3. Ran antivirus, avira and karspersky

4. deleted classpnp.sys and then put it back

5. repaired master boot file from command prompt

6. Ran hardware diagnostics, it always come out clear

So the last thing i am to do is to delete that line /NOEXECUTE=OPTION/MININT because the next thing would be reinstalling windows since i cant find any other solution but i really wanted to avoid it.

This is a list of the functions i get when pressing something at boot

F2: Bios setup

F8: boot options such as safe mode and so

F12: Select boot device

I tried all the other keys but i get one of the options from above in all cases, F10 tries to automatically boot from a device so i really dont know if i can get to the screen with that line. Another guy told me to update my drivers, but how can i update them without having to boot windows?

Friday, August 19, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Hi,

Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a third-party device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a BSOD because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:35 AM