none
microsoft wireless desktop elite keyboard model no. 1011

Question

• hi daniel,

i bought a hp pavilion with 64 bit and windows 7 and my old key board and mouse don't work that great. i get false triggering with the left mouse click and the #8 keeps triggering, too. i hold the w down and that works for a second or two, but, then stops. i have to hold down the w key again. i also have to press the a key a few times to get that to work and the g key self triggers. the keyboard mouse receiver came with a non usb output and i bought the usb adapter. the usb adapter has a splitter that splits the one usb into the old two non usb's. i installed the 64 bit driver for windows 7 and i still get the same problems. it used to work good on my old computer. can you help me?

sincerely,

chris norton

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest testing your old Keyboard and Mouse on another computer.

If the issue persists, it may have compatibility issue on Windows 7 64-bit. If the latest driver cannot fix the issue, you need to contact Microsoft Hardware support to confirm if it can work on Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 03, 2011 10:12 AM

All replies