none
The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library gdi32.dll

Question

• This what I get on the blue screen after installing the service pack 3. Unable to boot at all and the Toshiba tablet has no cd drive to run recovery. I need something that can fix this using a usb flash drive.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:01 AM

All replies

• Greetings Dn

Sorry to hear your install did not work correctly. I would try this Kb articale and strip out everything you do not need for booting. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303891 Your destination is the key drive. Hopefully ou have a large enough key drive to use the Pe environment. BartsPe is a back up method.

If none of these solutions work. I would suggest borrowing a USB control CD\dvd drive. Toshiba should be able to boot from that in an emergency basis.

What error numbers are you receiving when you attempt to boot into your portables hard drive?

Which hard drive are you using SATA or PATA? SATA you may wish to obtain the latest chipset drivers for you interface to fix your installation .inf or driver

Just checking which version of the Sp3 do you have installed? sounds like gdi32.dll is failing. Guessing here, since I am not reading your screen. You may wish to see which version you downloaded.

This is only a guess not accusing you of the wrong install. Just a possibility. If you have the wrong version you may need to uninstall the refresh candidate. And kill the registery hack for installing the candidates.

*Seach and remove sp3 registery remove rc2, Thomas lee  post has the best solution*

Cheers hopefully this helps you out.

Keith

Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:59 AM