none
EMU PatchMix DSP fails

Question

• The Creative Labs EMU drivers install properly. However, the PatchMix DSP program crashes as it loads, so you can't use the EMU hardware. I have an EMU 1820M, but it's the same for all recent EMU products.

Some people have apparently made this work. Any ideas?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi

Since we are in the earliest stages of the Windows 7 beta, the only thing we can recommend at this point is to contact EMU Support and check for any known compatibility issues or what their plans are for Windows 7 support.

Here is a link to the EMU Support website for your convenience.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi

Since we are in the earliest stages of the Windows 7 beta, the only thing we can recommend at this point is to contact EMU Support and check for any known compatibility issues or what their plans are for Windows 7 support.

Here is a link to the EMU Support website for your convenience.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:49 AM
  • I have the EMU 404, however my Patchmix DSP works fine.  Well, mostly.  It installs OK, but regularly has distorted sound.  I could be playing some music, then the sound distorts.  If I then pause WMP, then play, this more often that not fixes the problem.  If I play ANY games, the sound distorts usually within the first few minutes and requires a reboot.  I have the same games and hardware running on XP with no problem.

Guess I need to get in touch with EMU then?
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:42 PM