none
DVD/CD-ROM drives - ATAPI DVD A DH16AYH ATA Device

Question

• I have a new HP Pavilion a6028x PC with Microsoft Windows VISTA.  The DVD/CD-ROM drives show a ATAPI DVD A  DH16AYH ATA Device.  I ran updates and there are no new updates.  I tried to reinstall but could not find a manufacturer named "ATA" for the DVD driver in the automatically generated list.  The system profile states "Removed Device(s):  ST3320820AS ATA Device: Hard Drive" 

How can I reinstall this device?  Please advise ASAP how can I check to see if my DVD is malfunctioning and how can I reload it and how can I update it.  I need to have my DVDs play perfectly and they are not.

Thank you.

posted 2/22/08, 10.21pm EST, USA

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:21 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You may download the driver for CD/DVD drive from the following page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=3377274

Then in Device Manager, reinstall the driver using the downloaded one.

Hope it helps!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You may download the driver for CD/DVD drive from the following page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=3377274

Then in Device Manager, reinstall the driver using the downloaded one.

Hope it helps!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:27 AM
  • Which one do I click on to down load?  Once downloaded, what's next?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:38 AM
  • Hi there Ambassador,
                                    ATA isn't a manufacturer, it's an acronym.. AT Attachment (ATA) and AT Attachment Packet Interface (ATAPI).
    Your soulution is on the H.P. site, just go to HP tech support and enter the model and ask the question 'reinstall dvd driver' and you'll get a link that shows you how to use the HP Recovery Manager on your copy of Vista.
    You can also try going to the Start Menu - All Programs, you should find an entry - PC Help & Tools. Open that and click on Recovery Manager. Follow the instructions for Hardware Driver Reinstallation, and it should reinstall your DVD.
    All the best,
    ViperMWC
    Going to add a part here : Didn't notice that the ST3320820AS device you mentioned there is a Seagate Barracuda HARD DRIVE, how did that get uninstalled ?
    Friday, November 28, 2008 12:01 PM